Major jello on P3

I think you posted this at least 4 times amongst 2 separate forums. Did you get better answers from the 3DR fan club or the DJI?
In the fact gopro 5.4mm lens don't show this issue, this is a issue with the low quality lens in the Phantom 3, in the inspire 1 it's not that noticeable because the lens are better.

It would be pretty hard to make a fully corrected ultra wide lens in such a small/light package. All the small action cameras have corner and edge distortion. My $1100.00 Nikor 15 3,5 has it if you look close enough. The Inspire has it as well. For the price and weight of the DJI cameras your getting a lot for very little.

It would be pretty hard to make a fully corrected ultra wide lens in such a small/light package. All the small action cameras have corner and edge distortion. My $1100.00 Nikor 15 3,5 has it if you look close enough. The Inspire has it as well. For the price and weight of the DJI cameras your getting a lot for very little.
Don't agree with you, check the 5.4mm lens for gopro, I don't see any distortion.

But you are free to buy a $999 drone by itself and add a $400 gimbal and $500 gopro to try to achieve disputably slightly better footage for almost double the price if you'd like.

Reactions: bbfpv and WPS
61777886.jpg

Don't agree with you, check the 5.4mm lens for gopro, I don't see any distortion.
Then you aren't looking. There is edge distortion in the very first video you posted using the 5.4 in the rcgroups forums. Check it out on a large screen display. It's still a great video but virtually every cheap to mid priced lens is going to have a degree of distortion.

I have the 5.4 on my 3+ and it's not an ultra wide lens it's Fov is 78 degrees and equivalent to a 35-38mm on a 35mm.. The Gopros stock Fov is 140-110 degrees. The P3s lens is 90 degrees. You won't find an ultra wide optically corrected flat lens that's close to distortion free for less than $1k and under 1 pound. And the 5.4 isn't distortion FREE. It's quite good for how few elements it has, it's cost and weight.. And a good choice if you wanna go there.. But your comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
I don't need any answers from them since I already have my gopro without this issue.

And there it is... :)
The Phantom haters that lurk in the shadows checking threads, videos, and posts day and night looking for the first, and every opportunity to pounce on the Phantoms flaws. All so he can walk away smiling and happy that he did his job well, and defended his coveted Gopro's virtue.
Good boy !!

And there it is... :)
The Phantom haters that lurk in the shadows checking threads, videos, and posts day and night looking for the first, and every opportunity to pounce on the Phantoms flaws. All so he can walk away smiling and happy that he did his job well, and defended his coveted Gopro's virtue.
Good boy !!

Pay no attention to him he has been trying to do the same on rcg.

At least the p3 lenses dont have pink corners like the 5.4mm.. Before you say anything I own 2 gopros with the 5.4mm lens.

Love the P3

Here is 1080P footage shot earlier today

I own several Go Pro 4 and 3 cameras on P2 with Lightbridge and have several several aftermarket lenses including the 5.4mm lens. The convenience of been able to adjust the camera while flying is priceless. able to activate shutter and recording from the transmitter dedicated buttons is just great

Love the P3

I own several Go Pro 4 and 3 cameras on P2 with Lightbridge and have several several aftermarket lenses including the 5.4mm lens. The convenience of been able to adjust the camera while flying is priceless. able to activate shutter and recording from the transmitter dedicated buttons is just great
Such a beautiful place to fly! Looks great!

Reactions: DrChris
I've just read the manual and there isn't any padding to remove from the gimbal and Base, there's only the gimbal clamp to be removed.
Apparently there is a small piece of white padding between the craft and gimbal which looks like part of the machine!!

I'll tell you when mine shows up.

I watched irixguys un boxing and his clearly has a red remove me sticker on it.
Yeah, mine does too. Giant bright red sticker that says "Remove me before flight, dipshit"

Nice footage, it looks like some tw@t has dumped a washing machine from that pull in - I'm guessing this is the place where all the bikers go for a tasty burger every Sunday?

I was up on Pen Y Fan on Sunday, there were two people flying drones in the area (not near anyone or doing anything silly). And someone flying a drone over the castle at Hay on Wye when I was last there - this hobby is getting crowded !

Love the P3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj