Major jello on P3

Just wanted to chime in to say that yeah, the really bad videos are probably due to the foam block not being removed. It is easily missed and didn't exist on the P2. I didn't have any major jello issues on my first flight although I live in a hilly area so it was hard to tell if the horizon was off.

Here's my maiden flight down-sampled from 4k 25 FPS to 1080P.

Edited to add: There's also a sticker on the lens that needs to be removed! I didn't discover that until after that video. It would have made the video better...
...you missed a sticker on the lens?

...you missed a sticker on the lens?

Yeah, a clear sticker on the lens to protect it in shipping. Probably a good thing it was there because my P3 was super dusty out of the box. Like they made them in a wood shop or something...

Anyways, didn't see it when I did my unboxing. It's off now.

Does anybody have trouble with the plastic camera protector on the p3 mine was laying in the bottom of the box put it back on then when you move the p3 it falls off thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anybody have trouble with the plastic camera protector on the p3 mine was laying in the bottom of the box put it back on then when you move the p3 it falls off thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine had a small piece or white soft foam it was thick and on back of gimbal. My guard to was not connected when opening box. Have no flight time yet. It does have film on lens real hard to see.

I just added Photos in the Help Thread on the White Foam and The Lens film.

Attachments

• P1050696.JPG
    P1050696.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 578
  • P1050697.JPG
    P1050697.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 552
  • P1050698.JPG
    P1050698.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 548
  • P1050699.JPG
    P1050699.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 501
  • P1050700.JPG
    P1050700.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 575
After looking at those pics, how the hell would someone think that foam was part of the gimbal? Gonna be a lot of "fly aways" forthcoming...

Reactions: n6vmo
I agree, not what I was expecting to be creating this issue.
...me neither - I have a small PC repair company and that reminds me of some customers who buy a printer open the box plug it in and then wonder why it won't print when the innards are full of foam and packing...

Yes, it would have been better to have a red tag attached to that block that says 'remove me' like everybody else who sells cameras and printers do. The film on the lens should have writing printed on it saying 'remove me' also. Problem solved .

Yes, it would have been better to have a red tag attached to that block that says 'remove me' like everybody else who sells cameras and printers do. The film on the lens should have writing printed on it saying 'remove me' also. Problem solved .

If I remember correctly, the foam does say "remove before flight". The lens film is a little harder to spot...

If I remember correctly, the foam does say "remove before flight". The lens film is a little harder to spot...
The Lens film has nothing on it or the foam. (lens Film) It's hard to see, so I can see how it can get missed. It has a very small tab to remove it.....

It's like a joke about the Hubble Telescope! They have to go back up and repair it for millions.... They forgot to take the lens cap off.. Ha ha...

Seriously it's one that users are going to miss (Lens Film )...This will be a Main problem as lots will not be reading threads of forums, so expect to see some crappy vids from them. And trolls saying the P3 Sucks.

PS: It almost got by me( Lens Film).... The white foam removal? Is a classic that's why tigers eat their young thing....

Reactions: bbfpv
Found a interesting look at the gimbal in action....

That makes me feel a little better. I was starting to worry with all of the jello videos and blurry pictures I've seen posted. Mine will be here tomorrow and if it has the slightest bit of jello or fuzzy stills it's going right back out the door. Some of the videos and stills posted on the internet are unacceptable from this generation phantom.

That makes me feel a little better. I was starting to worry with all of the jello videos and blurry pictures I've seen posted. Mine will be here tomorrow and if it has the slightest bit of jello or fuzzy stills it's going right back out the door. Some of the videos and stills posted on the internet are unacceptable from this generation phantom.
There are plenty that are really nice too. This bird is probably a first for many, many operators. Give it a few weeks for experienced pilots to take em up, and we'll know what these things are capable of. (obviously if yours does send it back, it's clearly defective)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl