Major jello on P3

Ok hopefully it's something stupid like that. We'll know in the next 24 hours because the videos will be flooding in.

That's violent gimbal shake causing a feedback loop with the bird. There's something wrong with those birds or their not set up properly.

There are some posts on the DJI forum regarding this.
There is a piece of foam packing that looks like it is part of the Phantom.
Removing this does a lot to fix these problems.

Yeah I heard this as well, hopefully that's the issue on these videos? I'd be pretty upset getting footage like that.

There are some posts on the DJI forum regarding this.
There is a piece of foam packing that looks like it is part of the Phantom.
Removing this does a lot to fix these problems.
So what, it's stuck between the gimbal and drone body? This is worrying, my Phantom is due to arrive here in Ireland next week and like everyone else I want it ready it to go, €1500 is alot of money for a lemon.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
The DJI forum is being updated so I can't point you to the posts but there's one with a picture of the block of white plastic packing that could be easily overlooked. Check there when the forum comes back online.
There are enough good videos out there that you know the P3 is better than that.

Reactions: Ian H
So what, it's stuck between the gimbal and drone body? This is worrying, my Phantom is due to arrive here in Ireland next week and like everyone else I want it ready it to go, €1500 is alot of money for a lemon.

It seems like it's a piece that's supposed to be removed, but easily overlooked.

Yep seen that on the forum page, good to hear and that the horizon can be altered in the proper version of the app.

The horizon thing doesn't have anything to do with IMU calibration? Or is that done through that app now too?

I downloaded some 1080p footage Moham has posted on another thread and apart from it being obvious an ND filter is required I think it looks pretty good

How about we wait until they begin flying it with the correct app. The demo's that had the beta app didn't have this issue.

Do you think some of this could be put down to inexperienced pilots or excited people not setting them up right, i bet most of them can't wait to get it out the box and start flying.

Reactions: bbfpv and Jerdel
Just wanted to chime in to say that yeah, the really bad videos are probably due to the foam block not being removed. It is easily missed and didn't exist on the P2. I didn't have any major jello issues on my first flight although I live in a hilly area so it was hard to tell if the horizon was off.

Here's my maiden flight down-sampled from 4k 25 FPS to 1080P.

Edited to add: There's also a sticker on the lens that needs to be removed! I didn't discover that until after that video. It would have made the video better...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20