Main Controller Error

Reaction score
When I go to calibrate IMU, it stops at 1% and says 'unknown error occurred; recalibration required.' But, when I go to recalibrate it again gets stuck at 1% and displays the same message.

Yes, I crashed, into a tree, near the top, caught by branches. Took me a while to find it, and I had to climb up into the tree and even then use a long loose branch to reach up and slip the branch through the landing skid to get it. No outward appearance of damage. When powering up, the camera/gimbal does its normal routine, the camera works fine. Cables seem intact. But, something is wrong. Any suggestions?? Thanks. -Ken

Is it on a flat/level table and your not bumping it, correct?

Yes, flat table, level checked and spot on, no movement around it, no bumping....

How long did you just let it sit? They don't like being watched.

It took me close to an hour before I found it up in the tree. In some ways, I may be lucky that it got caught in the upper branches as it was kind of like landing in a net; but, it was sitting there, on, though the battery was critically low, for near an hour...

It took me close to an hour before I found it up in the tree. In some ways, I may be lucky that it got caught in the upper branches as it was kind of like landing in a net; but, it was sitting there, on, though the battery was critically low, for near an hour...
Think he was referring to the calibration.

Not sure if this will help, but try unplugging and re-plugging the cable on the gimbal in case it came loose.

Looks like I'll need to take out the drop pins to get enough space to remove the pin and replug, unless there is an easier way....The pin does not look loose at all, but I may give it a try....

I was able to figure out what the problem was, and fix it, thanks to this video tutorial...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Wow, you did this like on the video and it worked?

Yes. I had to get the T6 and T8 torque wrench/driver, and I could only find it in a set which cost $18. It took me about an hour, most of which was getting the top shell off, which is not the easiest thing; but, once it's off, it's easy, and putting back is easy. IMU calibration did its thing without error, and it started up and flew perfectly. I admit the idea of tapping the IMU with the handle of a screwdriver is a bit old school, but it does the trick.

Cool, hope I remember this when the time comes I might need to myself. I liked the way he had to give it one last tap with his finger after waking the daylights out of it with the screwdriver.

haha, yeah, I also gave it a last tap with my finger. Bookmark that youtube video page for reference. Apparently this IMU thing can happen in a crash, of course; but, it can also happen in a rough landing. I've had two minor crashes prior to this one and there was no problem. Not so lucky this time; but, in a sense, I'm kind of glad because I learned about how to fix it should it happen again...

Better than sending it to DJI for repair, even if under warranty. Had a guy on another thread that didn't even want to loosen a small screw and re-tighten it to possibly fix his gimbal (had a jello effect) on his camera. All because of the fear of voiding the warranty.

If this approach on the video did not work, I was going to contact a local repair person. Sending it in to DJI can take a long long time to get back, or so I hear. I doubt warranty covers damages from user error anyway so the cost of sending it in, cost of repair, and the wait time, makes it rather unappealing, unless it is a manufacturer problem and is covered under warranty, then the wait is probably worth it.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers