Main Board, Camera Connection

Reaction score
Does anyone know the voltage of the camera connetion on the main circuit board in P2? I want to connect the FatShark Transmitter and needed to know who else might have done this and if they used the camera connection on the main board. I bought all of the cables and my first attempt ended in a shorted out transmitter, so before I make that costly mistake again with a new 250mW transmitter, thought I had better start asking questions. Thanks for any help.

K.M.Harp, Vietnam 71-72
1st Cav Div. LSU Grad.

I would not power from the camera port. It can't handle much current although it supplies 12volts..
I fried my port while having the Fatshark 250mW Tx and a LED lamp connected to it. The silicone around the 4pole cable suddenly melted at the connection on the board. P2 still flies fine, I just can't ever connect a Vision camera anymore. See if I care :)

Just solder a + and - lead to the main power. Scrape or sand a bit of the protective lacker off from the solder points first, otherwise it won't work.

The Fatshark Tx works with anything from 7.2-12Volts or even beyond that. However, 12 Volts is recommended for the best transmission. I used a small 7.4 Lipo battery first. Worked flawlessly but the range was a bit less.

Last edited:
I did not think about soldering a couple of wires to the main leads, which should not be that hard and then run the wires to the transmitter or maybe the power filter for the transmittor, thanks for giving a new idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj