Lume Cubes

I've used two Lume Cubes in the past for my old P3P.. I also tested them to 5 miles at night--flashing them from a bridge with street lights while my dad drove to the top of a hill 5 miles away to look.

However one would overheat and shut-off at around 10 minutes. I sent it back and they sent me another one that would overheat in 15 minutes instead. I think they're great for their original purpose--underwater camera lights/flashes for go pros; but with the overheating, and loss of 5 minutes of flight time, I ended up giving them away to someone that lives much closer to tropical reefs than I do. I never had a compass issue with them--that was something I checked when I first got them and didn't notice any variation in compass bias with them when on or off.

I now use Firehouse Arc IIs which basically seem to have the equivalent of 4 strobon cree lights (which I also had at one point) on one circuit board; and I have four (equivalent of 16 Crees) of those on my P4P--so they're very bright and can be arranged so that the lights are viewable from more angles than the two Lume Cubes ever could.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart