Lowepro Product Testing

Hello Ian,

Hope your still checking in here to see the replies.

I received your backpack for the phantom 3 from Best Buy. I ordered the drone during the free backpack promotion. It said I was getting a free DJI hard case with the drone but when I picked it up it was the Lowepro pack. Didn't really realize it until I got home since I've never seen the DJI case either. Not sure if Best Buy gave me this one intentionally instead of the DJI pack or not. I like your pack but there are several things I would like to bring up since you've asked for comments.

The drone sets in the case nicely and has the Velcro strap that holds it in there but that is the best thing about the case. Other than that and the zippered pouch nothing else stays put in the pack. The moveable divider "walls" are not very stable since there is only Velcro at the base of the wall that attaches to the bottom on the pack. The rest of the wall bends and moves where it wants to because it is not secure anywhere but with the Velcro at the base. With the other needed basic items in the case, props/spare props, battery, small tools, etc. there is no where to put these items where they will stay put. From your documentation on the website it shows props in the lid stuck under the loops on the pouch on the lid. I tried several times to put props in these loops as you show on the website and any way I tried it I would have had to bend the prop to get it installed with a loop on each end of the prop. If you were to get it in then I felt it was so tight it would eventually bend the prop since it was held in a non straight position while series. Put a spare battery in one of the open spots and it ends up in another spot or moves around quite a bit in the spot I put it in by the time you get to where your going. There is a lot of possible damage to the items that can happen since they are not secure. There is no where to secure a spare battery. I have all the cables in the zippered pouch so can't go in there. Just too many open areas that do not secure items.

I bring these things up to help you with future design changes and hopeful improvements from a customer. This is not "slamming" the pack but making recommendations for future improvements from a drone owner and user. I still use the pack but I do pack the items with additional filler to make it secure

I hope you can take these recommendations and look into revising your pack.

Thanks

Reactions: FASTFJR

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub