Low voltage... Is this really bad?

Reaction score
Hi guys the last two flights I had with this battery I noticed it says low voltage. I am wondering if this is bad. I included a screen shot plus a link to the whole mission. Want to say that this was a litchi mission where I went out of signal for a few mins which will explain the long "signal loss" message.
1501718283785.png

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

The data suggests that you may be having a few issues with that particular battery. From 100% to 30% in 13 mins seems a bit ordinary unless there were wind issues with the flight but the current drain during the mission looks normal. After 52 charges it is showing at 87% life which is low considering I have double those charges and am sitting on 95% with my batteries.
Maybe try running that same battery using the go app and have your voltage reading up on the app to see if it behaves the same.

Reactions: Neon Euc
For a better idea of what is going on upload to
Phantomhelp log viewer and look at the individual cell balances and actual cell voltages. You can do this in healthydrones also but with less precision (fewer data points).

If the total low voltage is attributed to one cell and it's a significant imbalance (70+mv is a good rule of thumb) for sustained periods you have problems.

The data suggests that you may be having a few issues with that particular battery. From 100% to 30% in 13 mins seems a bit ordinary unless there were wind issues with the flight but the current drain during the mission looks normal. After 52 charges it is showing at 87% life which is low considering I have double those charges and am sitting on 95% with my batteries.
Maybe try running that same battery using the go app and have your voltage reading up on the app to see if it behaves the same.
Thanks for the reply. So there is a possibility that my battery my be faulty

For a better idea of what is going on upload to
Phantomhelp log viewer and look at the individual cell balances and actual cell voltages. You can do this in healthydrones also but with less precision (fewer data points).

If the total low voltage is attributed to one cell and it's a significant imbalance (70+mv is a good rule of thumb) for sustained periods you have problems.
Unfortunately I have no idea when it comes to cells or battery voltage so I have no idea what to look for. [emoji55]

Unfortunately I have no idea when it comes to cells or battery voltage so I have no idea what to look for. [emoji55]
If you upload the file as per this link:
DJI Flight Log Viewer
It will provide much more relevant data as to how your battery is performing during flight. My first pass as mentioned earlier but @With The Birds and other more experienced people can comment accordingly.

I know you are right but at the moment i can't afford another battery and this is only a few months old as it is. Really gutted
Neon did you upload to phantomhelp and/or check the other battery data in healthydrones? What you need to look at is the variation between cell voltages, how many, how often, and how bad. Significant variations of greater than 70mv and you have issues. Another good indicator of battery health overal is the last charged capacity, if its significantly below the rated mah of the pack it's on its way out.

Neon did you upload to phantomhelp and/or check the other battery data in healthydrones? What you need to look at is the variation between cell voltages, how many, how often, and how bad. Significant variations of greater than 70mv and you have issues. Another good indicator of battery health overal is the last charged capacity, if its significantly below the rated mah of the pack it's on its way out.
thank you for the reply. i do have the CSV file but it wont let me upload the link here for some reason. i still don't understand it 100%

this is what i get when i try to upload the CSV file here

Attachments

• Screenshot (142).png
    Screenshot (142).png
    130.8 KB · Views: 282
at altitude of 329.4274 i highlighted section J in a green box as that is the voltage. i have no idea if this is good or bad
Screenshot (143).png

Battery seems fine, no major cell deviations and giood capacity for the cycle count. Voltage sagged during a brief period of high current drain. This is to be expected. You could avoid it by planning your missions so they execute with less aggressive altitude increase. If any cell drops below three volts in flight the battery will shut off in mid air.

Battery seems fine, no major cell deviations and giood capacity for the cycle count. Voltage sagged during a brief period of high current drain. This is to be expected. You could avoid it by planning your missions so they execute with less aggressive altitude increase. If any cell drops below three volts in flight the battery will shut off in mid air.
My earlier comment regarding battery life after 52 cycles giving an alleged 87% was surprising given my experience with double the charge cycle counts on mine. I flew a mission today and a pano trip totalling 18 minutes and came back on 45% ( not voltage indicative) so I'm curious as to how this pans out. Not going near your experience or knowledge as I'll get smashed.

My earlier comment regarding battery life after 52 cycles giving an alleged 87% was surprising given my experience with double the charge cycle counts on mine. I flew a mission today and a pano trip totalling 18 minutes and came back on 45% ( not voltage indicative) so I'm curious as to how this pans out. Not going near your experience or knowledge as I'll get smashed.
Little is known about how the so called battery life is determined. last mah reported (as it relates to total capacity) and cell variations (frequency and magnitude) are seemingly aignificantly more reliable indicators. If we consider that the battery is expected to deliver 300 cycles (based on DJI claims) 248/300 = 83%.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel