Low flying hover drone

Reaction score
Do the make hovering drones were you can set at low height and it will stay? About twelve to twenty ft.? Please and thank you! P.S. I do understand that wind will play...

Do the make hovering drones were you can set at low height and it will stay? About twelve to twenty ft.? Please and thank you! P.S. I do understand that wind will play...
Yes. The DJI line of drones will perform this task fairly effortlessly. A barometer lets the drone know what altitude it’s at. So, when you set the aircraft to hover in place, this chip will tell the drone to maintain that height. In addition, the GPS chip helps to hold the drone within the x and z axes, correcting course when winds want to blow it around.

Last edited:
An altimeter lets the drone know what altitude it’s at. So, when you set the aircraft to hover in place, this chip will tell the drone to maintain that height.
Technically, its a barometer, but serves the same function although with much less accuracy. But I know what you were saying. ;)

Yup, I get those mixed up sometimes. I'm going to edit the reply.
Not needed my friend. Like I said, I knew what you meant. ........Not an issue at all...:p

Yup i got these few shots hovering 2 feet off the ground!

Edit will only let me upload one pic others are to large...

Attachments

• 20180606_224449.jpg
    20180606_224449.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 306
Yup i got these few shots hovering 2 feet off the ground!

Edit will only let me upload one pic others are to large...
I didn't realize this at first, but if you really want shots that low you can record without starting your motors. Just move it around manually. Smooth stuff!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj