Love my P3P but I have an Inspire 1 on the way...

I've concluded the props being out of balance are not contributing to the stress cracks. I got a Dubro balancer and balanced all 4 props. They were not bad, I didn't have to do much to balance each one, but all 4 were a little bit out of balance. The hubs on two were out of balance, had to add some nail polish to those, but the prop blades on all 4 were out slightly. My conclusion is based on the vibration before and after. I hand catch my bird quite a bit, and made a mental note of the vibration. After balancing the vibration seemed identical. This isn't a scientific measurement of course, but if I can't feel any difference, I don't think there's enough difference to contribute to stress cracks. I'm now thinking the cracks are from the plastic quality and the process of molding the shell. There's a lot of science involved in molding plastic so it's not brittle, not to mention the actual materials used. I expect DJI to figure this issue out at some point, however I never expect them to admit to anything. Anyone that has cracks should try to put off warranty returns until the end of their warranty (if possible), in the hopes they improve their shell quality at some point this year.

At the price of the P3P, I think more potential Inspire purchasers bought the P3P. Smaller and more portable, same 4K video, no need for a second operator, just use Course Lock to change the camera view from the flight direction. Buy 3 for the price of one Inspire! :D

Don't forget about the setup time for Inspire 1. Its not like taking the P3 out to fly. It requires a lengthy setup process each time. "landing mode", "packing mode", etc. It also doesn't have the battery life of the P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31