Love my P3P but I have an Inspire 1 on the way...

Reaction score
I love my P3P to death and it has been the perfect flying machine since day one. But all this stress cracking stuff is getting the best of me. I know it's only a matter of time before my shell also starts to develop the same cracks like so many others have done. So I decided to try an Inspire 1 and see how I like that machine. Of course the Inspire 1 is not a perfect machine either but at least I won't have this whole cracking thing in the back of my mind. I just hope I have it for a long time before the inevitable happens. Triple the cost would mean triple the heartaches. lol

So I wonder how many other people have jumped ship from the Phantom for an Inspire?

The only problem with inspire is nothing is user serviceable. If I had capital and needed performance (feel it would be hard to maneuver in tree filled north jersey) I would definitely wait for inspire 2 as first one is more beta for price.

I'm bypassing the P3 and making do with the P2 until an Inspire 2 comes out. Then I'll be in like Flynn !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your stress will only increase with an inspire and you will realize how Micky mouse the phantom is. Inspire is an expensive investment. Any crash cannot be fixed by the user. If it's DJI fault, the warranty will cover repairs after an 8 weeks wait. If you crash it, it's on your dime.....parts plus labor. Just saying, Don't think stress gets better. It's heavy, fast and more damage to other property if it fails. Be careful and read up before you use it. It's fun to fly and a great bird. But it does come with its own stresses.

Reactions: ImJim
I wonder if the stress cracks are caused by props being out of balance, or at least contribute to the problem. Has anyone investigated that? I'm thinking of picking up a prop balancer if you guys think it may be a contributing cause. As for migrating to Inspire, I'm waiting for Inspire 2 myself. Next year is OK.

I wonder if the stress cracks are caused by props being out of balance, or at least contribute to the problem. Has anyone investigated that? I'm thinking of picking up a prop balancer if you guys think it may be a contributing cause. As for migrating to Inspire, I'm waiting for Inspire 2 myself. Next year is OK.
It would make sense that something out of balance will cause mechanical stress over time, but people have had cracks from the factory or in a relatively low time frame of use. I think you can realize prop balance rather quickly with the phantom sitting in front of you

Reactions: Cecil Dupre
I wonder when the Phantom 4 will emerge from the shadows...
Curious what upgraded features it may come preprogrammed with...

I love the Inspire 1, but it's just too large for me to transport, and I couldn't fly it in cogniito as the Phantom 3 can be flown now.

I too wish to see the next generations...included with object avoidance...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: jcknows0
Stress on the shell? De-torque and re-torque all the screws.
I still think its:
1. Bad batch of shells
2. Weather - colder vs hotter climates = expansion.

Object avoidance will be the next big thing. I would definitely hold out for that

Reactions: bobmyers
Object avoidance will be the next big thing. I would definitely hold out for that

Object avoidance only works at slow speeds. And if that, it might help in tight spaces. I believe it's more of an indoor use. Watch the matrice video on YouTube

At the price of the P3P, I think more potential Inspire purchasers bought the P3P. Smaller and more portable, same 4K video, no need for a second operator, just use Course Lock to change the camera view from the flight direction. Buy 3 for the price of one Inspire! :D

I love my P3P to death and it has been the perfect flying machine since day one. But all this stress cracking stuff is getting the best of me. I know it's only a matter of time before my shell also starts to develop the same cracks like so many others have done. So I decided to try an Inspire 1 and see how I like that machine. Of course the Inspire 1 is not a perfect machine either but at least I won't have this whole cracking thing in the back of my mind. I just hope I have it for a long time before the inevitable happens. Triple the cost would mean triple the heartaches. lol

So I wonder how many other people have jumped ship from the Phantom for an Inspire?

I guess I am the blasphemer here, I was starting to look heavy at the Solo. The Inspire, if you read there forums is plagued with firmware update problems also and since release has not gotten any of the promised "third party" ground station and the like features......

I wonder when the Phantom 4 will emerge from the shadows...
Curious what upgraded features it may come preprogrammed with...

I love the Inspire 1, but it's just too large for me to transport, and I couldn't fly it in cogniito as the Phantom 3 can be flown now.

I too wish to see the next generations...included with object avoidance...

RedHotPoker
I debated going with the Inspire but like you mentioned, the Phantom is much easier to carry around. They're two different beasts though. Maybe the Inspire 2 will get my attention. The P3P is my first quad so I'm still a bit nervous when flying. Definitely need to get over that before I'm flying a 3k quad.

Object avoidance only works at slow speeds. And if that, it might help in tight spaces. I believe it's more of an indoor use. Watch the matrice video on YouTube
Yes I understand, but just like lightbridge it will go from being a premium product feature to a watered down included version for the marketing team.

I have it on good information that the Phantom 4 will come with two side mirrors, in addition to a standard rear view mirror for the camera. "Objects are closer than they appear" will be written in tiny microprint on each. Built-in object avoidance. Available as an optional upgrade for the P3 at time of P4 launch! :D Inspire 2 will come with a backup camera, and make beeping noises, when in reverse! Gotta love technology!

Reactions: clkilljoy
Hmm.. I just looked at how the motors are mounted in the arms.. If you measure then distance between the metal motor housing and the plastic, it's off and not perfectly center in the housing. Could this be contributing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4