Love my batt charging hub

I've never had my house broken into... but I still lock the front door. Taking preventive measures against something that _can_ and _may_ happen is about removing the possible harm. Not about doing something only _after_ it's happened.

Truth is, Lipo batteries have been known to explode while charging (a simple search on Youtube will confirm this). Lipo bags are resistance to explosions and fire. They are also very inexpensive. Do I own some? Yes. Do I use them all of the time? No. Are they a good idea? Certainly.
That's good idea to use lipo bags to avoid explotion from lipo battery

Interesting how you start out with a pissy comment about how I share my experience and opinion, annnnnnnnd... then you do the same. So, following your lead, everyone on the planet should do what you do? Why do people feel the need to leave comments like that?

My "pi$$y" comment comes from you in some way suggesting that taking the suggested precautions are not necessary and giving such advice on a public forum. If you give pi$$ poor advice and someone takes it and then what "COULD" happen does happen are you also going to help take some responsibility for the condescending remarks that lead to them taking your advice?

The part that really stuck in my mind was "not going to live my life afraid of LiPo's exploding, the FAA knocking at my door, or Facebook selling my "private" info." You know full and well that part deserved my attitude/comment.

Suffice to say this will be my last comment on our "banter" back and forth. It's not worth the time and only serves to tangle up the forum.

Sorry to the OP for the derailment.

My "pi$$y" comment comes from you in some way suggesting that taking the suggested precautions are not necessary and giving such advice on a public forum. If you give pi$$ poor advice and someone takes it and then what "COULD" happen does happen are you also going to help take some responsibility for the condescending remarks that lead to them taking your advice?

The part that really stuck in my mind was "not going to live my life afraid of LiPo's exploding, the FAA knocking at my door, or Facebook selling my "private" info." You know full and well that part deserved my attitude/comment.

Suffice to say this will be my last comment on our "banter" back and forth. It's not worth the time and only serves to tangle up the forum.

Sorry to the OP for the derailment.
Sorry Al, I did not give advice. Never said anyone should do what I do. Settle down. And you're just another person that throws out the "if someone takes your advice you're responsible" line. That's just a cop out. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. And I'm sure a court or lawyer would agree.

There are .007 deaths per 1000 airplane jumps in the US.. I think it is like 20-30 a year. I wonder how many it is by LiPo explosion? I wonder how many million LiPo charges happen per day without even a burn on the lap from a laptop or anything????

Of course I can youtube "lipo fire"... people do it all the time for the cameras.....

I bow down to those that have built infrastructure around their batteries...

Do you know if the hub can be used with an automotive DJI charger?
I haven't tried it, but I'm thinking it'll work with any charger that can charge a Phantom 3 battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers