Lost video - couldn't get it back until drone power-cycled

Re: Lost video - couldn't get it back until drone power-cycl

In my case, it happened once before the mod, and once after. My Vision app is installed on a Samsung Galaxy S5. The first time the video froze, was after a 10 minute flight, on my second battery. So I just came home, and read about the problem in the forum. After switching back to the lower resolution, I had no further problems. Then I added the foil mod. Several flights later, I tried the highest resolution again. That worked for quite a few flights, but finally froze again. So I lowered the resolution back to lowest setting, and haven't had any problem with video since.

I placed the cable under the existing shield pad, and then used sticky back aluminum tape, fully covering things as per the original image of the mod. On top of the aluminum I used clear packing tape to fully insulate the exposed aluminum, to prevent short circuit issues. The mod *seems* to have helped, but it is hard to really quantify the result. Since the mod, the sat count doesn't change when switching record on or off, (prior to the mod, it did drop 1-2 sats when record was turned on). I tested for that. It was the main reason I elected to install the mod. Right after the mod was installed, I got about 4-5 sats shortly after turn on, but after about a half minute, or so, the count went up to 6, and I went flying. Inside my single level house, I typically receive 4-5 sats. Outside, I seem to get about 6 to 8 sats while on the ground, and 10-11 sats once airborne (that is about the same as before the mod).

My Phantom is a little over a month old.

I had this same problem a day ago. I shut off my controller to deliberately force a RTH for someone i was showing the bird off to. As it came back I resumed control of it, but video was black. Could not get it back until I landed and power cycled the bird.

I was getting this intermittently.
I noticed a that if you do DNG raws, it locked up more frequently. If you do JPGs then it works fine.
I also noticed if you drop to 320-x240 @ 15fps it worked better.

YeeaaBoii said:
It happens all the time when the preview setting is set at 640x480 at 30fps. Bump it down to 640x480 15fps or 320x240 30fps and it should come back during flight without having to power cycle.
I've had this happen multiple times with 320x240@15fps

Had this happen to me today. I was worried since I had a hard landing last time and thought I messed up the camera, but I am relieved it sounds like a software bug.

I was using my iPad mini and trying to take multiple pictures quickly, might have something to do with it.

Also using stock micro SD card, maybe I should upgrade it?

I had this problem yesterday and I was using the lowest resolution. I had the android vision 1.0.52 installed. I see there is now a version 1.0.54 available. Does anyone know whether this update fixes the bug?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I had a the same problem. I took a bunch of pictures then my screen went blank. Even after all the reboots the screen would appear then would die after a few seconds. It would just show the loading ikon on the screen. I erased the memory card of all the data and now the camera is working fine.

Might all described problems have to do with the (remaing) capacity of the sd card. If the sd card plays a roll as buffer memory for (preview) videostreaming, that would explain a lot of the describes stories. Myself, I load my bird with a 16 Gb sd card and never experience problems as described; even with the highest preview settings.
What do you think guys?

aartsf said:
Might all described problems have to do with the (remaing) capacity of the sd card. If the sd card plays a roll as buffer memory for (preview) videostreaming, that would explain a lot of the describes stories. Myself, I load my bird with a 16 Gb sd card and never experience problems as described; even with the highest preview settings.
What do you think guys?

Those are my thoughts too. I'm going to upgrade my card.

Has anyone got their video back by erasing the sd card?

Very interesting thought aartsf.

There's always loads of free space on my sdcard, and I'd be surprised if DJI used it for buffering, but your suggestion feels like it would explain the problem if the sdcard data throughput rates aren't high enough.

I'll try a better sdcard to rule it out. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20