Lost p3p into the sea 4km away and got it back

20150905_144859[1].jpg
This thread is great, hope I never have to refer back to it in the future. Off my backyard is water water everywhere and nothing but Murphy's Stout to drink. ¡Salud! MAL!

( no worries my wife hid the keys to the P3)

Very drunk, 30mph winds and I decide a 4km flight is a great idea. I'm a ******* and that's the whole story :D
A drunken Irishman? Say it ain't so. Funny stuff aside, I agree with the guy who said to rinse it in distilled water. Salt water will put the hurt on electronics. Hope things work out for you. BTW, my grandfather on Mom's side was Irish.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Note to self...
Make sure you open windows and don't light a smoke after spraying half a can of alcohol aerosol ;)
image.jpg

image.jpg

All this thread needs is some more drama!;)

I'm sure you will find the their will be minimal damage. Naval ship get flooded all the time and fresh water flush, dry and back on line.

A drunken Irishman? Say it ain't so. Funny stuff aside, I agree with the guy who said to rinse it in distilled water. Salt water will put the hurt on electronics. Hope things work out for you. BTW, my grandfather on Mom's side was Irish.
To quote The Departed, "We all are. Act accoringly."
Thanks for the entertaining read while I watch my two Irish twins sleep

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
@stevee, you're right. Driving is dangerous. But if you are concerned with "vehicular death by over reaction to close call with drone" you should be far more fearful of getting struck by lightning... on a clear day... while indoors... wearing a rubber suit. Because the odds of that happening are far greater.

So get that bee out of your bonnet. Not all of us want to do a POI around a cow patty.

Mal, how did you get those last few seconds back? This thread is so winning! ;)

Hi there,

I respect your opinion, in fact I respect it so much that I wonder if you would care to make a wager on which happens first? I take Visa & Paypal.
Ive stated my opinion & can see that Im obviously in the minority that think **** like this DOESNT help our cause. No bee in my bonnet mate, you are the ones who dont like people having different views. Roll on the day when everyone has to pass at least a basic intelligence test & be licensed I say.

Very drunk, 30mph winds and I decide a 4km flight is a great idea. I'm a ******* and that's the whole story :D

"Howdyf**kingdoody"

Watching and especially listening to your accent and expletives was a hoot. I'm still laughing but I do hope you got her/him/it back in the air again and that's isn't funny at all.
Getting a shout out from Davy while drunk is scary though. Maybe you should lock it up in your boot/trunk and give the keys to someone else when you're drinking.

Wooooh!!! Mal.
Makes my run in with a tree sound like kinda stuff
Hope it dries out OK.
If it works may have to invent a self inflating thingo for mine. Most of my hours will be over the sea.

Hmmmm.....

My P3P being soaked in a bath of tap water, a bulging battery, last seconds of the drone going into the sea before the video feed runs out, seaweed hanging from its leg when found on the sea bed not enough for ya Wilfros?
Or is is just that us Irish men can tell a very lucky story well?
Plus there was no footprints around in the mud. But...If you landed there in the mud that's a helluva way to wash off the mud off by soaking it in water.

What happened?

It's a YouTube video of a kid in the Netherlands that ran his Phantom 2 battery too low and it went into auto land and of course to save it he had to jump in the freezing canal to keep it from going in the water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT