lost P3A thnks to Litchi

It was when I had 25% battery it started to run Into trouble then hovered and raised altitude way more then I put into the settings I believe

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looking at the notification page, you spent ALOT of time in air trying to get a mission loaded, way too much time eating battery

Reactions: Neon Euc
If there is a glitch or other problem software (app) or hardware, I will land to sort things out and wont attempt long hover/flight till it is. And start again with a full battery

Quite possibly, if you had set litchi to FPV AND toggled to P and then back to F, then back to WAYPOINT mode, then reloaded mission it prbly would have worked.

On the notifications page/map @ lower case b: it changed to Navi go, then @ lower case c it rose to 1,300 ft BUT you lost signal for quite a few seconds . Exactly what was happening at that exact point? Controller? were you in a car?

You had a happy ending which is fantastic.... you can't blame litchi for this one though. The AC hadn't flown back, it was over 1km away when you pressed the GO home button and switched out of F Mode and it seems you also managed to cancel out of the GO home also. If you had if left it alone it should have continued the mission as programmed.

Why you had so much trouble uploading the mission is a mystery, looks like poor signal.

As to the 400m altitude have a look at your GO Home altitude setting in the GO app with AC connected. If it's set as 400m then the issue with the climbing makes sense also.

You either need to be comfortable flying home manually or leave litchi to complete the mission. It will cintunue to the last waypoint set (providing it has enough battery) even if you turn the controller off.

Controls page/map: rudder response... a very unusual event happened there at 400 ft.

You had a happy ending which is fantastic.... you can't blame litchi for this one though. The AC hadn't flown back, it was over 1km away when you pressed the GO home button and switched out of F Mode and it seems you also managed to cancel out of the GO home also. If you had if left it alone it should have continued the mission as programmed.

Why you had so much trouble uploading the mission is a mystery, looks like poor signal.

As to the 400m altitude have a look at your GO Home altitude setting in the GO app with AC connected. If it's set as 400m then the issue with the climbing makes sense also.

You either need to be comfortable flying home manually or leave litchi to complete the mission. It will cintunue to the last waypoint set (providing it has enough battery) even if you turn the controller off.
I am more then happy enough to say it's 100% my fault as that makes so much sense and despite all the panic at the time everything you said is what happened. With the 400m rising does that mean that if I was say ...at 500m then pressed RTH would it climb another 400m or bring it down to 400m? I believe that is what I may have got wrong the whole time and totally put my hand up to my mistake. After all... It's a good thing as it's a very valuable, scary lesson to learn lol.

It does look like the path back towards take off point was waving around a bit. You may have gotten disoriented while the battery was running out, and it just landed saving the drone. I fly back using the map maximized. You can also get familiar with HOME LOCK. It is great.

It does look like the path back towards take off point was waving around a bit. You may have gotten disoriented while the battery was running out, and it just landed saving the drone. I fly back using the map maximized. You can also get familiar with HOME LOCK. It is great.
You got it spot on. I tried to guide it back but as it was dark I was in a rush against the battery. I should have just used the map but at the time it appeared the drone was hovering. So instead of selecting RTH I thought it would be quicker to manually do it. I should have still looked at the direction on the map tho. I panicked and couldn't remember what stick was altitude and what was to go forward. But I am so so glad you was able to tell me and also *with the birds* and everyone else on this page (and indeed forum) I really do appreciate all the help [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Oh and one question that I have to ask again (sorry)

With the 400m rising does that mean that if I was say ...at 500m then pressed RTH would it climb another 400m or bring it down to 400m?

I would be tempted to go somewhere nice and open without houses and obstacles with some fresh batteries
I am more then happy enough to say it's 100% my fault as that makes so much sense and despite all the panic at the time everything you said is what happened. With the 400m rising does that mean that if I was say ...at 500m then pressed RTH would it climb another 400m or bring it down to 400m? I believe that is what I may have got wrong the whole time and totally put my hand up to my mistake. After all... It's a good thing as it's a very valuable, scary lesson to learn lol.

its not a blame game, it's about understanding what happened so you can fly comfortably in future. It's also reassuring to learn we don't have issues with litchi and your phantom doesn't have problems.

If your at it above the preset RTH altitude the phantom will head home at whatever height it's at. It won't descent or climb higher.

Pressimg the RTH button when your AC is returning home (RTH) will cancel the RTH. It might be what you managed to do when you panicked.

Why did you cancel out if the litchi mission? Where you concerned it hadn't uploaded properly because you had issues at the start?

I have found if its flying below RTH set alt. it will rise up to it, if its flying above RTH set alt it will decend down to it

I would be tempted to go somewhere nice and open without houses and obstacles with some fresh batteries

its not a blame game, it's about understanding what happened so you can fly comfortably in future. It's also reassuring to learn we don't have issues with litchi and your phantom doesn't have problems.

If your at it above the preset RTH altitude the phantom will head home at whatever height it's at. It won't descent or climb higher.

Pressimg the RTH button when your AC is returning home (RTH) will cancel the RTH. It might be what you managed to do when you panicked.

Why did you cancel out if the litchi mission? Where you concerned it hadn't uploaded properly because you had issues at the start?
I cancelled out as on the map it looked like it was hovering as I couldn't see any movement, and as it was in sight I did decide to take control. Not sure why it selected RTH by itself tho as it was on a mission and it was lost signal a long time but still carries on the mission. Still can't work that one out

Depending on where you usually fly at its safest to set the RTH alt. just above any tall objects. So if the tallest tree or building in your area is 180ft tall, set the RTH alt. to only 250/275 ft.

I think map never uploaded. Too much time spent hovering trying to fix. Juice then runs low so rth started but preset to 400m so not enough juice to climb. Auto landed out of sight.

Sent from my D5803 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I cancelled out as on the map it looked like it was hovering as I couldn't see any movement, and as it was in sight I did decide to take control. Not sure why it selected RTH by itself tho as it was on a mission and it was lost signal a long time but still carries on the mission. Still can't work that one out

From the log it seems you flicked the switch out of F mode. This ends the mission (providing you have RC connection which it seems you did at that point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164