lost P3A thnks to Litchi

Thanks for all the replies. I meant that I set it at 400 feet and it climbed to 1300 feet. It's never done that before. Also I had issues today as in mid air the controller was bleeping like mad. Found out that it meant the sticks needed recalibrating and this was in mid flight. So not sure if that's an issue. Just hope that someone is kind enough to call me.

Very sorry you lost your drone. Your experience is so unique that I'd be very skeptical that it was due to a problem with Litchi. More likely to be user error, or failing that, a hardware error in the drone.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Healthy drones will show its last known location on a map

Very sorry you lost your drone. Your experience is so unique that I'd be very skeptical that it was due to a problem with Litchi. More likely to be user error, or failing that, a hardware error in the drone.
I would agree. Highly unlikely to be a Litchi error. There's a great video on Youtube (don't have a link) of a guy doing a 5 mile, one way flight. On his first attempt, Failsafe RTH kicked in and sent it into a mountainside. The pilot readily admits it was his error, not Litchi's, because he failed to turn off Failsafe RTH. EVERY error or problem I've ever had with Litchi (which fortunately have been minor and few) has been MY fault. As with most things, attention to detail is critical.

There have been reported issues recently with litchi behaving unpredictably in how NFZ are registered and enforced as well as the RTH/standard failure to operate in FPV mode. This could be litchi & or an issue with the phantom. It could also be @Neon Euc getting something wrong with the settings (given what I have read here he is the sort of bloke who will cop it sweet and help us all learn from the experience). Let's wait and see what the log files tell us.

Litchi has a feature showing where it last was on a map .. have you tried it?

• Find My Aircraft: Tap to enter a map screen which will display the last known location of your aircraft.

Thanks for all the help guys. I did forget about "find my drone" on litchi so I checked and it's more or less spot on with healthy drones. I did check between the cars in the drive way as I know it didn't land on the tree as the last video feed I got was a car tyre in front of the camera. Then the battery cut out lol. So either someone pinched it, or the owner saw it from the window and brang it inside. I will knock on the doors tomorrow. It's almost 5am so I will grab a few hours sleep now. By the way I will happily admit if it was human error no problem, only thing that stops me saying that is I did that mission, landed the drone, swapped batteries and launched it again the 2nd time round when it then got lost so I'm guessing it must have been an app issue. Like I mentioned earlier, the bird was just hovering when it came into view, started climbing altitude then buggered off somewhere lol. Really peed off as when it went to autoland it was in a tennis court that was empty being a Sunday and cold and dark. But I panicked so much I was fighting to get it back. So much.... So much green space it could have landed in... But nope. Little sod decided to land by the road saying "someone take me plllleeeaaassseee"

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
b22fb121845cfd50fd49111969a924ad.jpg
ff87c9e4d0cf5e652e4e16931399ba4e.jpg

One pic from healthy drones and one from litchi. Slight difference on opposite sides of the street but will check again in a few hours and knock on the door. Hope I get this back as I love it so much. But thank you everyone... And I mean everyone for helping me. It means a lot as I have a few medical conditions so this is one of a few hobbies I can do pain free

The first mission took 6 minutes. The second flight with the same mission took 15.

My guess; wind.

Even with the 100% charge, the bird didn't have enough energy to make it home.

SB

I could happily agree with that as it was slightly windy but I did put the Max speed to 33.6 MPH so I'm guessing it would still have done it. I just hope I get it back. Starting to think it might have landed by the car as I saw it on screen then perhaps took off and went into the tree judging by the pics. But with 1% battery I doubt the motors would even start up.

c9624f5032e51bb55e1726226d6c2d45.jpg

BLUE-- was going to auto land there (if I didn't panic and looked more At the map I would happily have let it do that

RED-- loss of signal

GREEN-- good signal and last place to register.

All that land to settle down in, but nope. Just my luck by the road where it could be kidnapped lol

Important steps I wish I done.. But hope this will help other people in this situation

1) point camera down and see the area
2) avoid looking at the sky, use that time to focus on the map and the camera at the same time until it lands
3) even if you done a litchi way point many times in the same mission, always have a fast and simple route to get to your bird planned in advanced in case this happened.

It sounds like your bird ran out of battery and RTH was initiated. It went up to 400 meters, which is 1300 feet you saw on your screen,and reached critical low power. This cause it to auto land. It happened to land in a driveway. Remember, RTH height is set in METERS, not feet. This is a major human factors issue that is responsible for many crashes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That is for the info as I would happily admit to getting feet and meters confused [emoji6] but when I press RTH or if it does it by itself it goes to a certain height. This time round it just kept in climbing which really threw me.

One thing I love to know tho, if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

c9624f5032e51bb55e1726226d6c2d45.jpg

BLUE-- was going to auto land there (if I didn't panic and looked more At the map I would happily have let it do that

RED-- loss of signal

GREEN-- good signal and last place to register.

All that land to settle down in, but nope. Just my luck by the road where it could be kidnapped lol

At least it's a fairly nice looking area, not a downtown ghetto street. When you knock on doors tell them you will be activating GPS stolen device signal and would rather not bring the cops into it.

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.