Lost GPS

Reaction score
Yesterday my drone lost GPS almost immediately after takeoff. The Drone immediately climbed to what I expected was the return to home altitude because it disconnected from the controller. I'm not really sure about the altitude but that's my best guess. Then the drone started drifting and I had no control at all, the drone then hit a very tall tree and crashed. After looking at the flight logs I was shocked to notice that the drone had been loosing GPS signal several times over the past several flights. Can someone please help me understand what's going on.

Yesterday my drone lost GPS almost immediately after takeoff. The Drone immediately climbed to what I expected was the return to home altitude because it disconnected from the controller. I'm not really sure about the altitude but that's my best guess. Then the drone started drifting and I had no control at all, the drone then hit a very tall tree and crashed. After looking at the flight logs I was shocked to notice that the drone had been loosing GPS signal several times over the past several flights. Can someone please help me understand what's going on.
Losing GPS doesn't mean you lose control.
In atti mode (which is what you have when/if you lose GPS) you still have complete control.
But the Phantom does not have horizontal position holding ability and flying becomes like driving on ice.
There are a couple of possible explanations.
To find out what was going on, please share your flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers