Lost drone

Reaction score
Is there any way to find / recover a lost drone that was taken out mid-air by a bird?
Situation was that I was doing aerial photograph over some vehicles in bushland when the controller then went black and showed disconnection.
I have searched the immediate area on foot but can't find it.

Is there any way to find / recover a lost drone that was taken out mid-air by a bird?
Situation was that I was doing aerial photograph over some vehicles in bushland when the controller then went black and showed disconnection.
The flight log will be able to give you an idea as to where to start looking. Simply read the distance from your home point to when the signal was lost. If it did go straight down, it shouldn't be hard to find.

That sux,,sure it was bird strike ? Black screen and disconect could have been couple things,any luck on the find my drone in app,,if battery stayed in on its landing or crashing you might be able to activate esc beeping ,then if your close you'll hear it,that's only if batt stayed in,possible to watch playback of flight also when click on that flight in djigo4 but don't sync that flight or it disappear from log cause flight no get finished,,might show which direction it travel,,,,these are just basic search functions and you'll have to upload to phantom pilots to get someone to read it properly and give better location details,,,,,good luck hope you find with minimal damage......and welcome

The flight log will be able to give you an idea as to where to start looking. Simply read the distance from your home point to when the signal was lost. If it did go straight down, it shouldn't be hard to find.
I had a good idea where contact was lost and went straight there with a second drone. Checked the map on controller and height was 30m and no trees at that height. Had about 10 people help look,

Did you see the bird take it out?

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

That sucks.. Mine went into ATTI Mode, all satellite loss, then disconnect. I've been searching the area for four weeks now with another Phantom 4 pro, no luck.

Good luck! I hope you have better luck than I and you find your bird.

Member "sar104" is a huge help and gracious with his or her time. I would reach out to the member for help, the sooner the better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1