LOST DRONE!

Reaction score
Well,
I read horro stories about drone with minds of thier own..
Never thought it would happen to me, but it did.
My drone took off out of site and dissapeared (LOST). No idea where it landed (or crashed). Battery went low at 300' so I assumed it fell to earth somewhere.

I read there are some knowledgable members here that may be able to help find this drone before someone else does. Uploading flight data perhaps?

Thanks to all..

I read there are some knowledgable members here that may be able to help find this drone before someone else does. Uploading flight data perhaps?
Upload your data to the link below and we can assist you. Once you upload, place a link back here to the uploaded file ( Instructions are on the link:

Log Viewer

I have searched for days with no luck. Search area consists of 3700' Northeast of Home Point with a mile radius (needle in a haystack).
I have posted on as many public medias as possibel and have contacted local police.

Reactions: Smallz
No, you should be hoping that someone finds it soon. You have your name and phone number on it, right?

No, no number or name on it, but the SD Card has my info and friends company name and phone number.
Could be high up in a tree somewhere.

have searched for days with no luck. Search area consists of 3700' Northeast of Home Point with a mile radius (needle in a haystack).
That may be an understatement. At approx 388 seconds you lost all GPS and the aircraft switched to ATTI ( As it should ).....It appeared to be responding to all your control inputs thereafter.....the worst part is that when GPS is lost so is positioning. The last known co-ordinance will not help in the location. You lost signal at approx 518 seconds. The last recorded position was at the loss of GPS. My estimate would be that due to the low battery, the aircraft auto-landed at some point which is indeterminate from this data. You continued to give throttle and elevator commands after GPS loss. So this one would be very difficult to locate. @sar104 What do you think?
Capture.PNG

My drone took off out of site and dissapeared (LOST). No idea where it landed (or crashed). Battery went low at 300' so I assumed it fell to earth somewhere.

It doesn't appear that your drone just took off and flew away.
The flight data shows the GPS was blinking in and out from 1:15.6, probably due to a hardware problem.
At 6:39 when the drone was 183 ft from the home point and should have been within sight, it lost GPS completely.
You kept flying for another two minutes with plenty of left and right stick input but without GPS it's no simple matter to know where the drone ended up.
The last flight data came in at 8:38.5 with the battery at 14% and about to autoland when it reached critical low voltage.
It was 400 ft up but where it was at the time is a mystery.

Thanks for the reply.. The stick input is from me attempting to gain some control of the aircraft, however it would have none of that and took off what appeared to be downwind at approx. 30KPH. There were south by southwest winds that day 10 to 12 MPH.. In a matter of seconds GPS went from 15 Satelites to 0, distance went from 300' to a reading of N/A, then red disconnection. No ideas why any of ths occured after a seemingly normal flight.

That may be an understatement. At approx 388 seconds you lost all GPS and the aircraft switched to ATTI ( As it should ).....It appeared to be responding to all your control inputs thereafter.....the worst part is that when GPS is lost so is positioning. The last known co-ordinance will not help in the location. You lost signal at approx 518 seconds. The last recorded position was at the loss of GPS. My estimate would be that due to the low battery, the aircraft auto-landed at some point which is indeterminate from this data. You continued to give throttle and elevator commands after GPS loss. So this one would be very difficult to locate. @sar104 What do you think?View attachment 111204

Actually this should be fairly simple to locate. Remember that the switch to ATTI was almost certainly not due to a loss of GPS - it had plenty of satellites locked. Once it makes that switch, however, the txt log reports zero satellites and no location data. The GPS location data will still be recorded in the mobile device DAT file, which will likely give a good position all the way to signal loss. After the signal was lost, in ATTI mode the aircraft immediately autolands, and so it should be possible to extrapolate drift down to the ground.

@pbxcomm - if you post the DAT file from the mobile device that should have the necessary information. It will be FLY320.DAT.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

I don't read these things very well, but I know your first mistake. You took off on a 48% battery. It shows that it was 183 ft. from you plus or minus wind. Might be in a tree or one of those ponds.
PS: I wrote this after the exports came on. LOL

The GPS location data will still be recorded in the mobile device DAT file, which will likely give a good position all the way to signal loss.
That's right, I forgot about the P4 Device .dat. That may well prove more valuable in this instance. That said, I know there were plenty of Sats locked prior to ATTI, but my question is why would the transmitted .dat record the location data in ATTI and not in the the .txt log as well?

Thank you.. Here is the .DAT

Attachments

• 19-05-06-04-51-34_FLY320.DAT
    942.6 KB · Views: 244
Perhaps this one may shed more data..

Attachments

• 19-05-06-04-53-56_FLY320.DAT
    4.1 MB · Views: 435
That's right, I forgot about the P4 Device .dat. That may well prove more valuable in this instance. That said, I know there were plenty of Sats locked prior to ATTI, but my question is why would the transmitted .dat record the location data in ATTI and not in the the .txt log as well?

Because the DAT file records the actual GPS data, while the txt log only records the IMU position data, which doesn't exist when the navHealth goes to zero.

I notice in these times no one uses find my drone,,I know it only basic but might give idea on last location,,even in flight data playback in djigo4 app once again it might show which way to go,,I know if batt comes out no info but just mayby it still chirping,,esc beeping could turn on and go walk,,,we'll I would,,why is find my drone in app if it no good,,must do something

I notice in these times no one uses find my drone,,I know it only basic but might give idea on last location,,even in flight data playback in djigo4 app once again it might show which way to go,,I know if batt comes out no info but just mayby it still chirping,,esc beeping could turn on and go walk,,,we'll I would,,why is find my drone in app if it no good,,must do something

That won't work in this case, because it shows the last recorded position of the aircraft, not the last received GPS coordinates, which would be much more useful.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj