LOST DJI PHANTOM 4 after App DISCONNECTED during Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that. It didn't come back home. It crash as soon as the battery run out.

Like meta4 said, upload your flight data so people can analyze your log. My guess is you probably didn't set correctly the RTH. If the aircraft took off without you hear that the RTH has been set them that can cause issues.

Msinger told you what do do and you ignored him. He is very good at reading the logs and telling you what happened. Follow his link, do what it says, and I'll bet he'll tell you what happened.

The OP is an absolute muppet and a danger to the general public. He then compounds it by ignoring advice from experts on here and doesn't appear to care why he crashed. I have no doubt we'll be seeing him here again when he's flying in and around airports wondering where his drone is after it's collided with a small passenger aircraft and we're watching the aftermath on the nightly news. Well done mate.

If the legs are crooked, the camera is ripped off and the battery is missing, then you didn't simply land because of low battery. That, coupled with the fact that it didn't come back after disconnecting means that you flew into something, impacted, fell, and impacted again. You're really, really, really lucky that it was something on the roof and not the side of the building, landing in some poor mother's stroller or somebody's windshield, causing an accident. Stop being an inconsiderate schmuck. And you took off from a helipad? The directional arrow showing your orientation and the arrow showing your direction of travel show that you were probably flying backwards, which is likely why you crashed into something and had no idea. The security should not have given you your quad back - they should have contacted the faa and given it to them. It's apparent that you don't have much of an idea of what you're doing, and you're flying over heavily populated areas (and definitely within a no fly zone). And judging by previous posts, you also have a disconnect between the truth and what you type. I hope the pile of junk you recovered never never lifts itself off the ground again. I hate to say discouraging things to anyone, but there are people who are positive for this hobby and those that will only be a detriment through their actions. Nothing good will come of the type of flying you're doing - it will only end with damage. Luckily this time it was only to your wallet - next time, it might be a person or worse.

Reactions: DrDoom and gyrex
Pleased you found it, the battery may have popped out on impact and have fallen to another area near where your P4 was found. I would still follow the advice from @msinger to determine what want wrong with the flight. No point fixing it to possibly go and have another incident.
I found the battery. It was 20 ft away from the aircraft. Its toally broken and in two pieces.

Yeh... nice try pal, that flight log doesn't correlate to the location you initially posted. You're now attempting to mitigate your reckless flying by posting a log from a short flight in what looks to be a relatively low density area. Your original location appeared to be in the middle of LA in a high density urban environment. Please post the proper log for assessment.

If the legs are crooked, the camera is ripped off and the battery is missing, then you didn't simply land because of low battery. That, coupled with the fact that it didn't come back after disconnecting means that you flew into something, impacted, fell, and impacted again. You're really, really, really lucky that it was something on the roof and not the side of the building, landing in some poor mother's stroller or somebody's windshield, causing an accident. Stop being an inconsiderate schmuck. And you took off from a helipad? The directional arrow showing your orientation and the arrow showing your direction of travel show that you were probably flying backwards, which is likely why you crashed into something and had no idea. The security should not have given you your quad back - they should have contacted the faa and given it to them. It's apparent that you don't have much of an idea of what you're doing, and you're flying over heavily populated areas (and definitely within a no fly zone). And judging by previous posts, you also have a disconnect between the truth and what you type. I hope the pile of junk you recovered never never lifts itself off the ground again. I hate to say discouraging things to anyone, but there are people who are positive for this hobby and those that will only be a detriment through their actions. Nothing good will come of the type of flying you're doing - it will only end with damage. Luckily this time it was only to your wallet - next time, it might be a person or worse.

You know what you said is real mean and rude. I don't know you but you clearly being a big jerk. I was asking for help to understand what happen not your angry *** judgment.
People like you make this place an ugly place and encourages me to not post anything on here, rather post to another forum where it's safe and fun environment to talk about mistakes and problems and learn from them.
I'm really happy to have my phantom back! Even if it's broken! If you ever lost your phantom and something bad happens to your craft or you lost it forever
and you need help and someone say ugly things to you in time of need you will notice how bad it hurts.
It really saddens me to see so many mean spirited and judgmental insecure bully's on here that have nothing constructive to say then to criticize. #smh

Reactions: Arve Horgheim
You know what you said is real mean and rude. I don't know you but you clearly being a big jerk. I was asking for help to understand what happen not your angry *** judgment.
People like you make this place an ugly place and encourages me to not post anything on here, rather post to another forum where it's safe and fun environment to talk about mistakes and problems and learn from them.
I'm really happy to have my phantom back! Even if it's broken! If you ever lost your phantom and something bad happens to your craft or you lost it forever
and you need help and someone say ugly things to you in time of need you will notice how bad it hurts.
It really saddens me to see so many mean spirited and judgmental insecure bully's on here that have nothing constructive to say then to criticize. #smh
Go on, have a sook and retreat to your safe space because someone gave you a dose of reality and you don't like it. You were flying in a dense urban environment and obviously have no idea what you're doing and expect everyone here to console you for flying like a muppet and endangering the public. It's not going to happen on any respectable forum.

As someone else pointed out here, imagine for a moment your P4 flew into the side of a building (instead of on top of a building by pure chance it seems) and fell down onto some child or woman directly on the head and, at best, seriously injured them or at worst, killed them.

You come here looking for consolation and you still have no idea what you did wrong and what tragedy you could have inflicted on some poor innocent soul because of your idiotic, and frankly inexperienced flying. You're lucky you didn't kill someone and now your feelings are hurt because someone served you a dish of cold, hard reality? Get with it pal and grow up. You should be reported to the police for flying dangerously in a dense urban environment endangering others and private property. You're lucky I'm not in the US or you'd already have a knock on the door by the friendly boys in blue.

Reactions: DrDoom
Last edited:
Reactions: gyrex
Your flight data looks fraught with impending danger.
Your HP was locked but your RTH height of 30 mtrs is never going to cut it with the buildings around it unless you become adventurous. Your IMU altitude at the end suggests you took off from a much higher area than the end of your flight. You received a number off airspace and compass warnings which would have cancelled the flight for me.
Need someone smarter than me but even my basic experience would never have tried that particular flight in the first place.

Reactions: DrDoom and gyrex
The OP is exactly the type of pilots who make authorities implement harsh rules against drones.
He is lucky building security didn't call the police. They should have and he should have been taken in cuffs to the station.

You are flying in a dense Urban environment, you took off from a helipad, you flew backwards into a building, you lied about ownership and stick time, and you still have no idea where you could have gone wrong. You're dangerous, ignorant and careless, and you're a shining example of why more and more restrictions will be placed on all of our actions in an effort to stop your actions. I've never said an ill willed thing to anyone on this forum, but you're going to hurt someone, and that person as well as the rest of the community is going to pay for it. Those are my concerns - not your feelings. If you had any sense about you, you'd spend your time thinking about what I said that was right, not what I said that was mean. You'd also understand why people would be angry about it.

You are flying in a dense Urban environment, you took off from a helipad, you flew backwards into a building, you lied about ownership and stick time, and you still have no idea where you could have gone wrong. You're dangerous, ignorant and careless, and you're a shining example of why more and more restrictions will be placed on all of our actions in an effort to stop your actions. I've never said an ill willed thing to anyone on this forum, but you're going to hurt someone, and that person as well as the rest of the community is going to pay for it. Those are my concerns - not your feelings. If you had any sense about you, you'd spend your time thinking about what I said that was right, not what I said that was mean. You'd also understand why people would be angry about it.
Boom. Nailed it.

Reactions: Jnnyr
Looking at the flight path in his first screen shots the OP was almost aiming at the building where the secret service has his downtown base - 725 S Figueroa. The rooftop parking of the building to the left - FiGat7th - is the exclusive parking space of the secret service.
Can you imagine what happens if the drone crashes on that lot or into the windows of the SS?
Those guys would go postal... :D

I've started running a piece of tape across the drone and battery. I've had a few mishaps with my older P2 and as tight as the battery is, it still pops out on impact.
Check to make sure both upper and lower battery latches are secure b4 flight.

Same thing happend to me, flying rural, no towers, low K index, lots of GPS sats, home point set and just disconnected.
I hit RTH, nothing happened, turned off the RC, didn't come back. I ended up finding it 500 feet further out than where 'find my drone' said it was, in the opposite direction to which it was flying back to me, supposedly. Only problem was a crack in the shell & worked fine. Sent it back to DJI for warranty due to fail to RTH. They replaced motors, Esc, no shell replacement , charged me over $300 and sent me a different P4P back? So good luck with DJI.

Reactions: historymaker06
Pleased you found it, the battery may have popped out on impact and have fallen to another area near where your P4 was found. I would still follow the advice from @msinger to determine what want wrong with the flight. No point fixing it to possibly go and have another incident.
Probably no point in fixing it period. With that kind of damage, it will cost about the same to buy a fully functional, undamaged, never-crashed used one from ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT