LOST CONNECTION TO I PHONE - SOLVED!

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just setting and about to take off when the screen suddenly disconnected on my iPhone 7 and phantom 3 pro set up. Tried all the usual things, reinstalled the app, updated phone, different cables etc and nothing worked. Even tried the app on an android device and it was exactly the same. The phones are taking a charge from the remote and the remote is connected to the aircraft as the green light's on and the gimbal control works.

Now all I get is this screen, any suggestions folks?

1581090638120.png

Attachments

• 1581090638922.png
    1581090638922.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 216
Hi,

I was just setting and about to take off when the screen suddenly disconnected on my iPhone 7 and phantom 3 pro set up. Tried all the usual things, reinstalled the app, updated phone, different cables etc and nothing worked. Even tried the app on an android device and it was exactly the same. The phones are taking a charge from the remote and the remote is connected to the aircraft as the green light's on and the gimbal control works.

Now all I get is this screen, any suggestions folks?

View attachment 117081
Since being stuck on the 'How to Connect' has been discussed so often on the forum, I copied / pasted a few replies here which came up when using the forum's search function. Maybe one of them will give you an idea or two to try. If not, search again and check out a few more of the related threads. Good luck!

Also, have you searched the forum for people stuck on the "How To Connect" screen. It seems that we've seen this reported many times, so I was wondering if you've exhausted all of the recommendations from those threads. Seems like the cable is a common culprit, though I do see that you've tried different cables. Another common issue IIRC is the USB connector on the RC itself.

Also as noted, the USB port on the RC is another weak point, especially so with the 300A remotes. Do you happen to have a 300A remote? If so, there are posts here with instructions for fixing the USB board. Of course, adding the HDMI module is something that many have done to get a working USB port but that means spending with no guarantee.

For some reason if you have GO started and then connect cable - quite often ... in fact on mine - it will only go to How to Connect ... it will not connect fully.
If I close GO ... and then pull and then plug in cable again ... the box comes up asking if I want GO ... I say yes ... all is fine then.

Think I may of found the problem. When I attach the usb cable to the transmitter, in my phone settings it show 'no USB device connected' even though it does charge. If I check this when I connect my phone to my TV, it recognises that the USB has been connected. [Must be USB board on remote?]

Android start the tx then the quad and wait 30 seconds then plug the cable into the device and it should pop up a box asking if you want to use dji go app , dont tick always use box.
If the phone doesn’t prompt then it’s not seeing the usb connection, swipe down from the top and see if USB type option shows up (some don’t have it) and choose MTP. If that doesn’t work ( some phones on Android 6 don’t work such as the A3). Try another cable as some don’t work.

Reactions: JoBe
My transmitter is a 300C. Same fault with different phones / cables /IOS/ Android pretty much rules out any device and cable issues excluding of course the transmitter USB port. Is there any way to reset the transmitter without a connected device?

I am still unable to connect to the app.

I've reviewed the previous posts on this and I actually can't find a single one where anybody has actually managed to find a solution which seems odd given it seems to be a common issue?

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

OK this is what I did to reconnect to the DJI GO app after tearing my hair out all weekend.

1) Turn off remote.

2) Power up AC

3) Have the DJI GO app open and the device connected to the remote by cable .

4) Hold video record button and shutter button down (see picture) and while keeping them pressed turn on the remote, when the green connected light comes on release the buttons and the app should connect - happy days!

When the original disconnect happened I was toggling some of the RC buttons and all I can think is that I hit a sequence of buttons by accident which somehow caused the disconnect.

Hope this is of use to someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20