Lost AE Bracketing

Reaction score
I had something happen today that I am wondering if anyone else has experienced. I am doing a lot of real estate imagery, both on the ground and aerials, and use AE Bracketing about 90% of the time. I then run the files through Photomatix with a low setting, and feel that it helps tame the high contrast and give me images that better match my ground camera work.
Anyway, after taking off, I decided to format the card so that I would start fresh. Had already set the AEB x5, and did the format while hovering. The few times I have done this before, the camera went back to its single image default, so I had to reset the AEB. This time, the setting seemed to stay, complete with the little 5 by the icon for the shutter release. And when I took photos, the controller even gave the 5x shutter sound.
When I brought back the images to process, I found out that, instead of giving me the 5 bracketed images, it only took one. This, despite the icon showing 5x and hearing the shutter click 5 times ( I know, that's not the shutter).
I have to go back tomorrow and reshoot, because it was such a contrasty scene that I failed to get the tonal range I was looking for. And I will remember to format before I take off. Still, it was weird that all indications were that I was getting the bracketing, when I was not.
On a similar vein, I sure wish DJI gave us the ability to adjust the AEB spread. Oh well....

Not had this happen but have had the camera lock up. Had to fly back and power drone P4Pro off/on. Worked fine after.

One thing to consider. Check your AEB shots in play mode on your iPad iPhone etc. you can see if you are getting all 5 or just one.

I also work mainly still and shoot everything in AEB. I agree it would be great to have a 1 stop bracket availability instead of just .7.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: vfrailing
I agree on the AEB spread, at least shooting 5 helps. I haven't had this happen before but I don't format in the air. I always review my photos before leaving the job, that might have saved you a trip. I always count 1,2,3,4,5 for each shot to make sure none were missed.

Yeah. Never had to before, but I will now! Thanks for the replies!
Thought I'd show a pan I shot over the James River in Virginia last Saturday. Hope you like it.
storm on the James-1.jpg

I commonly shoot in AEB 5 frames in the past. Before the most recent firmware upgrade and now after the firmware upgrade, it is simply dropping multiple AEB events. I have not test AEB 3 frames, but this really is unacceptable, as I am having to fly several times to get the different shots that I want. Has anyone experienced this and is there a work around?

I have checked the card directly, and they do not seem to be there at all.

Wouldn't hurt to do a low-level format on the SD card. A data hiccup might interrupt the AEB cycle, perhaps.

I have formatted the SD card in the Phantom 4 Pro. It did not improve the situation. I am using Sandisk Extreme Plus, U3, 64GB, SDXC I. Could the card to be to slow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31