Sun Halo

Reaction score
Was out last weekend flying my P3S and Spark experimenting with AEB. Here are two shots from the P3S. One is a 5 shot AEB and the other is an HDR pano that was made with 5 shot AEB images (45 images total) and assembled to an HDR pano in Lightroom. When I shot the pano, I did not realize that there was a sun halo in the image until I assembled the images as the halo was only visible later on. All the images were shot in RAW on the P3S.

Chris

P3S-0554-Sun Halo.jpg

View attachment 117618

Attachments

• P3S-0425-HDR-Pano.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 109
I am plagued with camera flare while doing real estate photos on bright days, but yours is very nice and artistic!

I am plagued with camera flare while doing real estate photos on bright days, but yours is very nice and artistic!
Thanks. I was surprised at how good they turned out. The exposure bracketing made a huge difference. The individual images had nowhere near the dynamic range of the final image.

Chris

Exposure bracketing is a great tool. It compensates for the lack of dynamic range in less expensive image sensors, like DJI, and even more expensive ones like Nikon or Canon. There are situations, like this example, where even the best gear cannot cope. The trick is recognizing the problem and using a work around to solve the problem.

Reactions: Chrislaf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.