Loss of video feed @ less than 1 ft

Reaction score
(First post)

P3S w/ARG 10db omni & 7db flat panels, using both DJI Go and Litchi apps (not at the same time)

Ever since my second flight I have been having this issue. I have control of the drone, but sometimes absolutely no video feed. Just as a test the other day, I had zero video feed, so I took off the tablet (tried my phone also, the problem is NOT device specific) and flew manually to test if any controls were limited. Everything works fine. My issue is with controller to device, not controller to drone. I have a green light on the controller and on the side of the drone. I even reset the link a few times. Still with no results. The issue is also not persistent, it comes and goes.

Any help and guidance is appreciated. I really don't want to get into changing the script to run at 27db, but if I must, I will. What baffles me is that it happens sitting right in front of me, less than 1m.
Picture is of drone, and what I get on the tablet.
20170101_230653.jpg

Make sure the wifi is connected on your tablet/phone. I can't make out what it says in the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
It is, I deleted all other saves connections and the wifi is coming in at full per the tablet. Just no video feed. And you can see how close I am, this close, line of sight should not be an issue.

Also, it says "image transmitter signal weak" (this is Litchi) DJI Go says weak signal or no signal and shows no bars ay the transmitter icon on top. I just realized this means no telemetry dats either.

Looks like you're inside, how close is the drone to a router? Have you tried reinstalling the app/apps? And that's right, if video feed is gone then telemetry is gone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I will try shutting down the router, but that doesn't explain the same symptoms in the park yesterday. No router's within 100+ meters. That's when i decided to try flying around with no device, just controller and drone. Control was perfect, no issues. Next time i go out i will try reinstalling the apps.

Also, I'm guessing the usb port for the standard is only for charging. Do you think there is a way modify it to be a usb connection like the advanced and pro?

What tablet is that, If thats a tab a then yes it could be the problem. I have those problems with the Tab A it disconnects and loses video feed right in front of me. What other phone are you using. Both might be the problem.

Uninstall the DJI GO app and then just try Litchi on its own, I've had some what success doing it that way, haven't had time to test fly it but, its giving me all the typical things that are associated with it running normal.

Yes, Tab A (SM-T280) And my phone is a Galaxy S5. I researched the DJI site before buying the tablet. I bought it specifically for this purpose. I can use the phone, but prefer the size of the tablet.

Yes, Tab A (SM-T280) And my phone is a Galaxy S5. I researched the DJI site before buying the tablet. I bought it specifically for this purpose. I can use the phone, but prefer the size of the tablet.
Its definitely the Tab A that's doing it not the phantom. Trust me, find a different tablet to use, I have the same issues with my Tab A but my Phantom flies just fine on some of the other phones I have.

Try uninstalling the DJI GO app and try Litchi on its own and see if that helps any.

I only run one at a time. And Litchi does seem to perform better than dji go. Also, i have noticed better performance on the phone.

I only run one at a time. And Litchi does seem to perform better than dji go. Also, i have noticed better performance on the phone.
Doesn't matter if you run one at at time you are suppose to, but I noticed that once I got rid of the GO app Litchi worked like normal (after a few tries). Haven't had time to fly with it though, but it seemed to work like normal once I uninstalled the GO app.

I got that as well, just let it sit there and finally you get picture. I went ahead and ordered a Google Nexus 7 on ebay. That should fix that.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I was able to fly Monday afternoon. Ising the phone, seems to do good. Can't say I'm too impressed with my new antenna setup though. I'm hoping it was just interference.

Thanks for the help and input QuadcopterCrazy.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I was able to fly Monday afternoon. Ising the phone, seems to do good. Can't say I'm too impressed with my new antenna setup though. I'm hoping it was just interference.

Thanks for the help and input QuadcopterCrazy.
Are you running argtek? The consensus is the DBS antennas are better.

Sent from my SM-T280 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, 10dbs center and 7dbs for wifi. I only got about a half of a mile out at most. I'll know more when i can fly in an area that i know has little or no interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.