Loss of control

Reaction score
I am faily new to the Phantom. I have read all the documentation several times, watched all the DJI videos, and it has gone pretty well... until today.

This morning, after the initialization, and acquiring 6 or more GPS satelites, I took off in GPS mode. A few seconds later, I lost control. It crashed into my roof and went in a random direction. I realized that I could still control the altitude, just not the direction. I made a hard landing to avoid hitting something (like a neighbors house).

This evening, after replacing the batteries in the transmitter and re-calibrating the compass, just to be safe, I tried it again, but only went up a took it up 5 feet or so. Again, I didnt seem to have control and it hit the side of my house (broke a prop). Anybody have any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Try advanced calibration and see if that fixes it. Hopefully you don't have a "stuck" accelerometer, because you won't believe what the fix is for that...

Sac D said:
Try advanced calibration and see if that fixes it. Hopefully you don't have a "stuck" accelerometer, because you won't believe what the fix is for that...

Thanks for your help! I did the advanced calibration, and it did help. It seems to be a little less stabile than it did prior to it taking off on me. I can still control it, but it deosn't feel as smooth. It could be a little more windy than normal, or a bad prop I suppose. Or maybe it's in my head. Anyway, thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.

Just an update. I tried again this evening, and now it seems to be working perfectly. I think it was just a little more windy than I had been used to earlier today.

stargazer75 said:
Just an update. I tried again this evening, and now it seems to be working perfectly. I think it was just a little more windy than I had been used to earlier today.

Cool, all is well. Happy flying!

There are a number of people who seem to spontaneously loose control.

In did 3 weeks ago.

Surely' DJI must be aware of a bug, and are not telling us, but hopefully fixing it.

3.12 seems more stable.

Watch for water :)

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl