Losing Wi-Fi connection between take off and landing

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Vision+. Since the very first flight, I lose Wi-Fi connection after take off. Until starting to fly, everything seems normal. I connect my iPhone to Range Extender and adjust settings, use all functions and get ready to fly without any problem. Then I take off and suddenly lose the connection in a few seconds. I only fly it with RC and when I bring it down I get the Wi-Fi connection again.

I tried binding two times but it didn't help. Still the same. I re-installed the app, restarted my iPhone, put it on Airplane Mode during the flight, basically I tried everything I could come out with (I didn't try turning off iPhone's tethering setting though). As you can see from the video below, my P2V+ just does the job. I fly it with no problem and am really enjoying it. But this Wi-Fi issue is just irritating me. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evj_djpubp4[/youtube]

Try letting it set for a good 2 minutes before take off once the Wi-Fi is linked and you have about 8 satellites. Maybe you are taking off a bit too soon.

Regards,
Joel

Do the following:

Point the flat part of the wifi extender at the phantom.
Don't stand too close.
Put it on a box to get ground clearance - this will help the compass also.

Also, do what I do,
When I grab the gear out of my car, or when I can see a suitable take-off zone, I turn the wifi extender on first, and leave on in my back pack. I know people say to turn on Transmitter > Wifi Extender > Phantom. I know the wifi extender has nothing to do with the Transmitter. They are separate systems.

And finally, is your iphone's tethering on? if so, it may affect the bandwidth if someone is on that connection.
Suggest you isolate your issues and turn it off.

I don't believe I take off sooner than I should. But I'll keep that in mind anyway. Thanks.

JWarren said:
Try letting it set for a good 2 minutes before take off once the Wi-Fi is linked and you have about 8 satellites. Maybe you are taking off a bit too soon.

Regards,
Joel

ethemtolga said:
I'm having a problem with my Vision+. Since the very first flight, I lose Wi-Fi connection after take off. Until starting to fly, everything seems normal. I connect my iPhone to Range Extender and adjust settings, use all functions and get ready to fly without any problem. Then I take off and suddenly lose the connection in a few seconds. I only fly it with RC and when I bring it down I get the Wi-Fi connection again.

I tried binding two times but it didn't help. Still the same. I re-installed the app, restarted my iPhone, put it on Airplane Mode during the flight, basically I tried everything I could come out with (I didn't try turning off iPhone's tethering setting though). As you can see from the video below, my P2V+ just does the job. I fly it with no problem and am really enjoying it. But this Wi-Fi issue is just irritating me. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evj_djpubp4[/youtube]

My suggestion would be:

1. Try to turn OFF the airplane mode
2. Try Forgetting any other wifi but phantom
3. Keep distance below 500 meters

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31