losing RC signal at about 500 feet altitude

Reaction score
Have a dji phantom 3 standard and it loses its signal from Remote at about 500 ft. I think it was 480 feet on
Sunday and 540 feet tonight. the altitude and range limitations are set for 500 Meters each. its about straight up.
when it loses signal it returns to Home. Can i override or switch modes or is that the range now? my old Phantom 2 would go to 1200 feet. never asked any more than that of it, so don't know if that was it or if it would go higher. Do i need a range extender on the Phantom 3? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mark,

How is the connection when you don't fly straight up?

I don't know. i generally just take it up, maybe 100 to 150 feet forward or back but that's about it. tomorrow i will take it out a ways and see if it goes out 500 feet away as well as up.
or if Return to home is activated horizontally as well as vertically. Good thought thanks. will let you know tomorrow.

Mark,

It would be a good test to try. The signal is generally the worst when flying directly above the remote controller.

Have a dji phantom 3 standard and it loses its signal from Remote at about 500 ft. I think it was 480 feet on
Sunday and 540 feet tonight. the altitude and range limitations are set for 500 Meters each. its about straight up.
when it loses signal it returns to Home. Can i override or switch modes or is that the range now? my old Phantom 2 would go to 1200 feet. never asked any more than that of it, so don't know if that was it or if it would go higher. Do i need a range extender on the Phantom 3? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mark,
I had a P2V+, My P3S works just as good as it did. When it works.
How long have the P3S?
Did it every work better?
You Shouldn't need a range extender.

Rod

o.k. got at chance to fly this afternoon and took the phantom 3 standard out to 800 feet distance and no problem with losing signal then went up from 80 feet to almost 400 when lost signal message started so i took it down to 375 feet and got the signal back. brought it back to 200 feet away and took it back up and lost signal again at 395 feet brought it down to 375 and got signal back. right at about 400 feet it loses R.C. signal. any body any thoughts?

Just saw the question above, I have had the drone about 3 weeks and all seemed fine but i never flew above 350 feet with this one before. so i don't really know if it worked better at first.

Does any one know if i could connect my Phantom 2 Remote to it and control it that way?

Thanks for any help.
Mark,

o.k. got at chance to fly this afternoon and took the phantom 3 standard out to 800 feet distance and no problem with losing signal then went up from 80 feet to almost 400 when lost signal message started so i took it down to 375 feet and got the signal back. brought it back to 200 feet away and took it back up and lost signal again at 395 feet brought it down to 375 and got signal back. right at about 400 feet it loses R.C. signal. any body any thoughts?
As mentioned above, straight up is always the worst angle for maintaining a strong signal.
Otherwise signal strength is affected by your antenna orientation and the local environment.
If you are in an urban area, interference will cause you to lose signal much earlier than if you go to the sea and fly towards the horizon.

Yes i understand straight up is a bad angle, but actually it is up 390 ft and out 150 feet so not straight up. Under same circumstances same field my phantom 2 would climb right up to 1200 feet. never had a lost signal issue. it did not have a camera and was not flown through a phone.

i did see i have imperial set up as a units measure in general settings and under MC settings it can set 200 - 500 M i take it M is for meters so should I be set to Meters in general settings and should it be Metric Km or Metric M

also there is distance limit switch in MC settings should that be on or off?

thanks again, still tryin to fix this.

Mark,

Hello _- I have the same range problem even though I have the ArgTech range extender on my controller. I go out to 500 Meters and "Go Home " is initiated even though I have not experienced Loss of Signal . Are there settings that I can change to get the benefit of the Range Extender ?

Hello _- I have the same range problem even though I have the ArgTech range extender on my controller. I go out to 500 Meters and "Go Home " is initiated even though I have not experienced Loss of Signal . Are there settings that I can change to get the benefit of the Range Extender ?

there is a place in the GO App that you can set between if i remember right 30 to 500 meters. i tried putting in a larger number and it just defaults to less. I wish i could get 500 meters.
what distance did you get before the Arg Tech range extender?

Mark,

there is a place in the GO App that you can set between if i remember right 30 to 500 meters. i tried putting in a larger number and it just defaults to less. I wish i could get 500 meters.
what distance did you get before the Arg Tech range extender?

Mark-- the same ----500 M. Dr Soul Force and others claim the range extender works but they never mention how to change the DJI settings of 500 M.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have tried flying in all directions and when I reach 495 M "Go Home". So it has to be in the program .
Maybe my range extender really works but the DJI Go App overrides.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic