Lose of propeller during flight

Inertia

"Self Tightening Props" are also "Self Removing Props" if the motor stops or slows down to quickly.

In this case when the motor goes from hover flight speed to the stuttering almost jack hammer stutter, and the prop spins off the motor shaft.

No thread or hub damage.

Today, a friend's P2V+ ver 3 fell out of the sky.
At the beginning of his flight he did the typical left-right, forward-back, up-down maneuvers to test the quad before setting off. All was well.
Then, as was flying slowly forward, the bird suddenly tilted and fell straight to the earth, severely bending the gimbal. One of the props was totally missing and was not found anywhere in the vicinity.

Later, we tested the motors and all except for the poor gimbal seemed functional. All four motors sounded normal and felt normal when spun by hand. We then opened the shell for the first time to look for any signs of ESC trauma. All looked well on and around the v2.1 ESCs.

I see no way this was any kind of pilot error but how would a guy convince DJI of that?

It is a known fact the p2 motor has much more torque available to unscrew than any amount you can put into hand tightening. Research past threads. Hand tighten means IN NORMAL FLIGHT YOU CAN UNSCREW PROPS. Use your supplied wrench. Period.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just today I had this very thing happen. I was flying a Phantom 4 Pro, doing a commercial job for a construction site update, when, after completing two legs of the grid, the bird fell to the ground. I could tell by the way it was falling that it was trying to right itself, but failing. I'm yet to check the data. I literally just got home. When I got to the site where it had crashed, it was very obvious that one prop was entirely missing, the other three where broken on impact. There was no sign of the missing prop which was likely on top of the roof of a nearby building. Very disappointing when I've got another P4P v2 broken, probably due to a similar event. I didn't witness it so I'm not sure. I've noticed that the spinners (the centre hub) of some props are also separating from the props mid-flight. I have two like this. Could the two be related- probably not but I'll have to investigate further. I'm choosing only OEM props from now on, because the cost of repairs is just not worth the tiny savings made purchasing non-oem props. I'll also be triple checking the props are on tight.

Just today I had this very thing happen. I was flying a Phantom 4 Pro, doing a commercial job for a construction site update, when, after completing two legs of the grid, the bird fell to the ground. I could tell by the way it was falling that it was trying to right itself, but failing. I'm yet to check the data. I literally just got home. When I got to the site where it had crashed, it was very obvious that one prop was entirely missing, the other three where broken on impact. There was no sign of the missing prop which was likely on top of the roof of a nearby building. Very disappointing when I've got another P4P v2 broken, probably due to a similar event. I didn't witness it so I'm not sure. I've noticed that the spinners (the centre hub) of some props are also separating from the props mid-flight. I have two like this. Could the two be related- probably not but I'll have to investigate further. I'm choosing only OEM props from now on, because the cost of repairs is just not worth the tiny savings made purchasing non-oem props. I'll also be triple checking the props are on tight.
Old thread ,differant type. How hard do you tighten your props?
please post in correct section.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic