Loosing signal and drifting

Reaction score
I just updated my firmware and i am having allot of trouble with my P3A now. Ii got a IMU error so i Calibrated awhitch got rid of that error. then i auto calibrated gimbel and compass at the end. shortly after takeoff the top bar on the screen goes red and says No signal. the camera freezes but i have still controll over the drone but seems to drift allot from its location even with gps on.

Any help? i cant figure it out

Drifting is usually caused either by poor calibration or poor GPS signals. You need to check IMU calibration in cold condition, stick calibration and compass calibration at site. GPS signals get affected if you have no clear and wide access to sky. Compass gets affected if you fly near magnetic materials.

Signal loss can be due to external wifi noise at site, poor antenna orientation or poor line of sight.

It's difficult to say what's causing you issue.

Than you for the reply. I am going to give it another shot out of town to make sure there aren't any other interfearences and do all the calibrations on site before flight. It has crossed my mind that it could be a signal interfering but the IMU error has thrown me off after the update.

I had a similar issue on my first flight where I lost all GPS signal about 100ft in the air. Then IMU errors.

I think it was caused by a cellular tower about 300-400 feet away and I was in straight sight. It hasn't happened since in other areas.

Just something to think about. :)

Could also be an update issue or bad sd card. Make sure that all of the batteries have been updated also because your problem is one that I had last year. I found a bad sd card and that gave me signal loss errors until I updated everything again. It was one of my batteries that didn't update correctly that caused the signal loss, the others worked fine. It was a hard problem to diagnose because I used multiple sd cards to update or did until that day. Now I just use a 2gig card for updating only.

Thanx for all the advice. Phantom is all good now. I made sure everything was up to date. First thing in the morning when i got up ti was still pretty cool so i decided to do the IMU calibration wen out side of town, calibrated the compass and took it for a flight with no problems or signal loss. I think it was some interference in the neighborhood so another lesson learnt.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl