LOOKING FOR HELP

Reaction score
new to this I have the phantom 34k (wifi) just wondering people max height and range just don't want to go out of range, also could someone show me a screen shot of where the range is ? I run DJI GO thanks guys

don't worry if you fly out of range will return home soon as signal is lost

How does return home work? What altitude does it fly back at and does it know if there's stuff in the way? Obstacles etc..?

you have to set your altitude that you want it at if you are below that will climb to that height if above will rth at that height mine is set at 300 feet I fly out 3 miles a lot lose signal then it comes back home

You can go 3 miles with the p34K on wifi ?! And ok so as long as I set the altitude to be above obstacles it will fly back until it's above my home point and then decend ?

so as long as I set the altitude to be above obstacles it will fly back until it's above my home point and then decend?
It will under ideal conditions. There are certainly some edge cases -- like a critically low battery or the loss of GPS.

Why do you keep saying wifi? it's not like regular wifi. It does operate in the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz spectrum tho

The distances depend on line of sight and wifi spectrum congestion. Most users find 1mi easily attainable range.

Also wind is a factor as well as battery, in effects on distance to fly. If you fly downwind and try to return into the wind you may even find yourself emergency landing due to low battery.

I recently tested the max range I could get with my P3 4K. I was able to hit just under 1600m over an open lake with little interference. I still had full signal strength on my TX, but FPV started to break up badly. Mind you, this was under ideal conditions far away from urban wifi, cell towers, power lines, etc.

Anywhere else, I'm lucky to get beyond 600m. This is part of the reason I just bought a P3A. I wanted Lightbridge tech so that range issues become a thing of the past.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Why do you keep saying wifi? it's not like regular wifi. It does operate in the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz spectrum tho

The distances depend on line of sight and wifi spectrum congestion. Most users find 1mi easily attainable range.

Also wind is a factor as well as battery, in effects on distance to fly. If you fly downwind and try to return into the wind you may even find yourself emergency landing due to low battery.
The 2.4 signal is regular Wi-Fi, no different than on a router. The video and telemetry are transmitted from the AC to the RC via normal Wi-Fi on the P3S and P3K.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

you have to set your altitude that you want it at if you are below that will climb to that height if above will rth at that height mine is set at 300 feet I fly out 3 miles a lot lose signal then it comes back home
You must have a antenna mod to go out 3 miles on a P3K or P3S.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

new to this I have the phantom 34k (wifi) just wondering people max height and range just don't want to go out of range, also could someone show me a screen shot of where the range is ? I run DJI GO thanks guys

Hi, I have the standard and have been flying at 400' and out to between 1500 and 2000 feet before the connection broke up. BUT, I have just come back from Andalusia in Spain where apart from the first day which was fine, I had nothing but trouble even trying to connect to the wifi on my iPhone 7 Plus. Sometimes I couldn't see the Phantom in the wifi list, other times it would appear and say 'No Internet' which is standard but when starting the app, it just said disconnected. Other times all I got was a grey screen in the app i.e. no picture. Changing position helped a little and so all I can assume is it was electrical interference. Very annoying though.

Today I flew my p3 4K almost 1300m away at altitude of 120m. This was beside a large oil refinery, 3cell towers and in a city subdivision with lots of wifi . The weather was overcast with light drizzle, 20km wind and temp of 5c. I did not use any antenna mods for these 3 flights. Today everything worked right .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Goldsaum82

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic