Looking for a cheap FPV system for my first P2

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm awaiting delivery of my P2 along with Walkera G-2D Gimbal. I already have a go pro 3 and am planning on getting a FPV system setup.

I have been looking around and am very confused, there seems to be a lot of options and expensive options around. However after forking out for the drone and the gimbal I'm left a little short. However i have seen Quanum FPV Goggles on eBay and thought these looked ok for the price. However if i wanted to get about 1km of coverage over open water and mountain areas what transmitter and receiver would you recommend? Im aware its a lot about the antenna so would which would you recommend? Ideally i dot want to spend more than £130.

Please Help :)

What I d
Hi guys I'm awaiting delivery of my P2 along with Walkera G-2D Gimbal. I already have a go pro 3 and am planning on getting a FPV system setup.

I have been looking around and am very confused, there seems to be a lot of options and expensive options around. However after forking out for the drone and the gimbal I'm left a little short. However i have seen Quanum FPV Goggles on eBay and thought these looked ok for the price. However if i wanted to get about 1km of coverage over open water and mountain areas what transmitter and receiver would you recommend? Im aware its a lot about the antenna so would which would you recommend? Ideally i dot want to spend more than £130.

Please Help :)

What i did..
TS352 transmitter £30
LCD 5802 receiver £85
Pair of ebay cloverleafs £15
4.5 turn helical from a Polish ebay vendor £25
Thats £25 over your budget, I dont think you will get what you want for less without going down the secondhand route.

What I d

What i did..
TS352 transmitter £30
LCD 5802 receiver £85
Thats £25 over your budget, I dont think you will get what you want for less without going down the secondhand route.

Ohh il look at all that and check it out. What sort of range do you get with that setup?

What I d

What i did..
TS352 transmitter £30
LCD 5802 receiver £85

Sounds great what range you get from this then?

Done a mile. I also have an iosd mini to give me telemetry which puts the cost closer to £200
Was looking at these but think il stick with the basics to begin with then add it on later. I will need a cable to connect up the transmitter to the go pro yea?

also is this the screen you have? link here or is it this one

On my P2, I use this FPV system - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Video_TX_RX_CP_Antennas_and_Camera_PNF_.html. I ditched the goggles, though, and upgraded the antenna (about $20). I modified a small electronics case, and mount it to a tripod (see attachment). Range depends on a number of variables. The maximum I've pushed this is a quarter mile, and I'm sure I could have gone further. But at some locations I've had horrible interference and not gone 80 feet and lose the signal.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 428

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.