Camera for Non-Vision P2

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I was wondering if there was a camera out there (Go Pro Clone of some sort) that would work for the P2. I have a H33D gimbal for it but no camera, and unfortunately cant spend the cash on a go-pro. Any inexpensive options?

I would like to have some sort of FPV capability.

Check these on e bay, I've heard they're OK.. $49 "Go Pro Like" Not sure what your looking for though..
Waterproof Ultra 4K Full HD 1080P Sport Camera WiFi Action Camcorder as Go Pro

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if there was a camera out there (Go Pro Clone of some sort) that would work for the P2. I have a H33D gimbal for it but no camera, and unfortunately cant spend the cash on a go-pro. Any inexpensive options?

I would like to have some sort of FPV capability.

Th only problem with all the GoPro clones is that none of them will connect the same way as a GoPro to the H3-3D gimbal. Have you given any thought to buying a used GoPro on eBay? Myself I own three GP cameras two of which were bought at less than half the retail price. Price of $49 may sound good but none of them compare to a GoPro.

Th only problem with all the GoPro clones is that none of them will connect the same way as a GoPro to the H3-3D gimbal. Have you given any thought to buying a used GoPro on eBay? Myself I own three GP cameras two of which were bought at less than half the retail price. Price of $49 may sound good but none of them compare to a GoPro.
Ive been looking.. Do i need specifically a go pro 3 or 4?

Ive been looking.. Do i need specifically a go pro 3 or 4?

You'd be better off with a GP 3+ black But if you can find a good price GP 4 black that would even be better.

If all you'd be doing with the camera is aerial than just the camera and a battery would be all you would need.

I would like some sort of FPV capabilites, but If I can accomplish that another way I am open to ideas.

I would like some sort of FPV capabilites, but If I can accomplish that another way I am open to ideas.

Not on a P2 non-vision. In order to have a FPV system, you will need a 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD (for telemetry) and a monitor/receiver. Since no one is making plug n play cables any longer you will need to hard wire (solder) the video signal and power supply to the cam socket inside the P2. If you are thinking any of the apps and wifi as a alternative for FPV forget it as the P2 and wifi use the same frequency of 2.4GHz which will interfere with the signals from the controller.

Fortunately I do have a miniOSD, and I do have a 5.8ghz camera and screen from an older toy-grade quadcopter...
Ill have to keep an eye out for a Go Pro and just bite the bullet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4