Looking at flying this area

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie to the UAS, I have about 50 hours of flight time now but am definitely still learning. I am flying the DJI Phantom 3. My employer wants me to take some video of a building for some internal videos they are working. Basically below is the distance of the area with a projected flight path.
Does anybody see any issues with this? - I don't want my first real flight to be a disaster :)
I've updated the firmware...would you guys use the point of interest mode for this?

Attachments

• flight path.JPG
    flight path.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 352
looking at your flight path, it looks like if you started in the middle of the pattern, you would never be much more than 1000 feet
from the phantom and it should be an easy flight. what altitude do they want the imagery from? will the footage be concentrated
on buildings or the perimeter of the property?

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Yeah should be concentrated on just the buildings. I'm thinking altitude should be somewhere between 200-300 feet. I know that is a bit of a gap but I'm not quite sure on the elevation of the buildings, I'm thinking it falls somewhere in between that.
Am i right in reading the manual that my max flight distance is about 1.2 miles?

flight distance will depend on battery drain and speed of travel. if you are taking video that will be used for documentation,
you probably need to fly rather slowly to get good quality video. you may need to do the video with several different flights,
and then combine the video files together in an editor if that is what they want. all depends on how long your battery lasts
while flying and recording.

I'd just start at one end and fly parallel to the road. Shoot the front, turn, shoot the back. Do some overhead pictures. Keep it short and sweet. Maybe course lock, but I think poi would be boring on commercial property.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl