Long Island P4 Newbie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just set up my first P4 Quadcopter. I look forward in learning from other members's experiences. Flying it safely and responsible is paramount to me. Being in the emergency services for 30 years as a firefighter/paramedic I under the importance of both. But find it extremely frustrating due to the poorly educated public, politicians and a tiny few irresponsible pilots. Local ordinances in Nassau County, Long Island prevent me from flying my P4 in even a open field in the middle of winter without risk of questioning or even receiving a fine from local enforcement officers. I currently will be flying recreationally, but plan on taking the part 107 in the near future and possible pursue flying "drones" commercially.

In the meantime I am looking for places fly in NY and PA. I am currently researching getting a permit for some of the NY State Parks but the process is not clear for RC quadcopter.

Joe

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Joe.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome , I used to live in Valley Stream
Glad I left there 20 some years ago.
Best bet is head north to upstate NY.
Pa. Is also quad friendly but a bit of a ride to fly a quad .
How's Suffolk, can you fly there?

Bob

Welcome , I used to live in Valley Stream
Glad I left there 20 some years ago.
Best bet is head north to upstate NY.
Pa. Is also quad friendly but a bit of a ride to fly a quad .
How's Suffolk, can you fly there?

Bob
Hi Bob, My wife and both have two more years with the FDNY and we are moving to PA. We are currently in East Meadow. Suffolk County is just as bad each town has its own ordinances based mostly on fear and lack of information. Figure I will just go a large school field on a weekend early in the morning until I am told I cannot fly. For now I am just looking to keep the quad, no more then 50 ft away and a few dozen feet high to practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik