LONG, detailed review of extended range options

So, again, when those of us who HAVE done the mod and all that, what exactly is the frequency the DBS or Itlite antenna using? Not using, but what is it BUILT around, or ment for. I thought I read somewhere channel 20 is the strongest frequency with this mod, I'd love for some confirmation on this, I have the 32ch hack done on my android but haven't felt comfortable using it due to what I read, or thought I read lol

The best results come from using whichever channel has the lowest noise, period.

Davphys, thank you VERY much for this thread. I also live in an urban area (LA) and was going to try and figure out the real difference between all the mod options, and you just saved me a ton of time... posts like yours are the real benefit of reading user forums like this! Kudos to you!

Question: I'm using the OEM styrofoam case for storage/transport, zipped up inside a rugged backpack, and would like to continue with that and not have to purchase another case / bag. I know you said the itElite can easily be detached, but do you know if the RC unit will still slide into the OEM styro case? Is there anything still protruding that would prevent that? (In other words–will adding the itElite render the OEM styro case useless?)

Reactions: iSilentP
Absolutely not. Nothing protruding and when you detach it it fits perfectly into the styrofoam case no problem.

Reactions: Kampy
Jake at maxxuav.com does great quality builds. The customer service is top notch he can answer any questions you might have. This setup will give you a signal that far exceeds the battery capabilities of the p4. Love it!!

Attachments

• 1460578585658.jpg
    1460578585658.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 458
  • 1460578609589.jpg
    1460578609589.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 478
I've not seen this mentioned yet, but what is the beam pattern from the maxxuav? Does anyone have a graphic from the side and top looking down?

Thank you very much for detailed explanation. It was very helpful. Cause I live in sub-urban area and my P4 gives me weak signal at 1000ft.

Be careful when ordering there's 2 different antennas. The dbs001 which is for the Phantom 3 standard/4k and the dbs002 which is for the Phantom 3 adv/pro and phantom 4. The difference is the dbs002 is the the light bridge dual 2.4 ghz . The dbs001 is for the WiFi system that also includes a 5.8 ghz port for the rc control and dual 2.4 ghz for the live video feed. Maxxuav.com has both antennas and great customer service.

I also love the windsurfer on my P3P, I have over a million feet logged and it works fantastic, given it only cost $25. However the same windsurfer on my P4 doesn't work quite as good. Although I've demonstrated 15,000' with my P4 using windsurfer under ideal conditions, I constantly get sudden NO SIGNAL scenarios with no warning, meaning no control to the craft and no video. If the NO SIGNAL lasts more then 3 seconds RTH kicks in. I have NEVER had a NO SIGNAL scenario with my P3P, only weak signal, and I will start to lose video, but I've never lost control signal. My SOP with my P3P when I get weak signal is to ascend 100' to get my video signal back, which usually works. It's as though the control signal on the P3 is way stronger and more reliable than the video signal. I go 2mi with my P3P all the time (300' high at least) and rarely lose video, only rarely. But with my P4, I'm lucky to get 1.5mi, and many times I'll get dropouts at 3000-4000'. I'm disappointed in the step backward DJI has taken with the P4 Lightbridge, what they have coined "Enhanced Lightbridge". That's a joke, I would call it "Lightbridge-Lite". Otherwise I like my P4, I just wish it had the same signal integrity and distance as my P3P.
The 20% video power reduction on the P4 aircraft is compounded by the 20% reduction in RC power in the GL300C transmitter, when compared to the original motor W323 P3P and its GL300A transmitter.

I got information of Jake a few days ago myself and he showed me a screenshot of his phantom that had travelled 18000 ft and the only reason he could not go further was due to battery life.
I'm Sold, I'm going to get the Full Amped setup so I Never get a signal loss ever again!! LoL

Good write up too bud.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
51d54c855af04268fd615c2285710cab.jpg

This is my morning flight . I had full bars the entire way. I could've gone a lot further I landed with 32% battery left. I love my maxxuav.com boosted setup. Jake is the man!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It seems to me that 4800-5000 rpm's is the sweet spot in sport mode . That yields a horizontal speed of 20-24 Mph. Depending on the wind of course that can be a lot faster. The p4 is definitely more efficient at slower speeds. What is everyone else experiencing.

I really hope dji put out a bigger battery . I really want to stretch out the legs on my p4. Something like what they did with the TB47 and TB48 batteries. I think that would make a lot of people happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl