London from a bird's eye view! (video shot on P4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the mental condition. It's called "chronic bullshititus". It predates drones and Freud. Based on what we've seen you should really hire the OP. He'll do a better job and he might already have some of the footage you need !

If Ian was breaching any laws with his videos, you don't think that perhaps he'd have been investigated by now? His clips have been online for months. Haven't seen any news articles about him. The OP, on the other hand, has removed his clip after only a matter of days, and at least one article has been published about his recklessness already.

If Ian was breaching any laws with his videos, you don't think that perhaps he'd have been investigated by now? His clips have been online for months. Haven't seen any news articles about him. The OP, on the other hand, has removed his clip after only a matter of days, and at least one article has been published about his recklessness already.

"His clips have been online for months. Haven't seen any news articles about him."

There's a reason for your above statement. Quality, content, production values, etc... That's why he's jealous and in here pretending to be the Grand Wazoo. You're not going to see him on the news or any articles about him. If you want to see an article about him write one. Don't say anything critical of him in it though because he's good buddies with the mayor.

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
"His clips have been online for months. Haven't seen any news articles about him."

There's a reason for your above statement. Quality, content, production values, etc... That's why he's jealous and in here pretending to be the Grand Wazoo. You're not going to see him on the news or any articles about him. If you want to see an article about him write one. Don't say anything critical of him in it though because he's good buddies with the mayor.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure the article about Mr Raptis is because of his lawbreaking, not because he made a nice video. In fact, if you actually read the article, you'll see how often it's mentioned that he's done the wrong thing. There are tons of incredibly beautiful videos on Youtube and Vimeo taken with drones that aren't published in news articles. You hit the news for breaking the law, not for providing quality content.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure the article about Mr Raptis is because of his lawbreaking, not because he made a nice video. In fact, if you actually read the article, you'll see how often it's mentioned that he's done the wrong thing. There are tons of incredibly beautiful videos on Youtube and Vimeo taken with drones that aren't published in news articles. You hit the news for breaking the law, not for providing quality content.
The quality of content was awesome on more than one level. Don't pretend it wasn't. It only makes you look silly. On another note, seems interesting when your buddy disappears you show up. Are you guys related ? Say hi to Moonbeam Brown for us all please.

PS do you know the mayor ?

Reactions: ObiDon and PaulJohn
The quality of content was awesome on more than one level. Don't pretend it wasn't. It only makes you look silly. On another note, seems interesting when your buddy disappears you show up. Are you guys related ? Say hi to Moonbeam Brown for us all please.

1. I never claimed it wasn't a nice video, did I? I said it hit the news because he broke the law.
2. With all your juvenile comments, you think I'm the one who looks silly?
3. Ian isn't my buddy, and no we are not related. I've never met him, I don't know anything about him personally, other than he's a moderator/staff member of this forum, he apparently lives in the US and I live in Australia.
4. I have no idea who Moonbeam Brown is.

Reactions: luv2fly
1. I never claimed it wasn't a nice video, did I? I said it hit the news because he broke the law.
2. With all your juvenile comments, you think I'm the one who looks silly?
3. Ian isn't my buddy, and no we are not related. I've never met him, I don't know anything about him personally, other than he's a moderator/staff member of this forum, he apparently lives in the US and I live in Australia.
4. I have no idea who Moonbeam Brown is.

1 - it hit the news because it was awesome and he might have bent/broken some rules.
2 - yes I think you look almost as silly as your buddy
3 - I suspect you may be related
4 - google it if you so desire

Reactions: PaulJohn
i fly over people every single time I fly... such a dumb rule. lol... My buddy recently did a carnival... got some bad *** shots!
If thats the case, the sooner you crash the better. Drones are banned in many countries now because of people like you. Even Thailand has banned all drones from what I have read.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Did not expect BBC and all other major news outlets banging on my door and inbox haha
Have the CAA been in touch as well yet

"Drone pilot breaks every rule in the book"...
"stunning footage" is secondary.
Even that article says the footage was stunning. Regarding your question about why he took it down hasn't been addressed here yet by the poster. Youtube may have pulled it or he did following the huge attention it created. It may not be in his best interest to divulge this or any other info. right now. I wish I had a link to download it. I'd like to have it in my video library. That was a keeper.

Reactions: maseman88
Even that article says the footage was stunning. Regarding your question about why he took it down hasn't been addressed here yet by the poster. Youtube may have pulled it or he did following the huge attention it created. It may not be in his best interest to divulge this or any other info. right now. I wish I had a link to download it. I'd like to have it in my video library. That was a keeper.

I realize the article says the footage was stunning. My point is, it's not in the news because it's stunning footage, it's in the news because he broke the law. Stunning video doesn't make the news simply for being stunning video. And he pulled it himself, according to Youtube. Unfortunately for him, he can't pull the images off the news article, so the CAA will still be able to investigate.

I realize the article says the footage was stunning. My point is, it's not in the news because it's stunning footage, it's in the news because he broke the law. Stunning video doesn't make the news simply for being stunning video. And he pulled it himself, according to Youtube. Unfortunately for him, he can't pull the images off the news article, so the CAA will still be able to investigate.
I'm not going to argue with you about why it was in the news. I'll concede it was a combination of it being awesome and potentially rule bending/breaking. Did you actually see it yourself?

I think there are ways of retrieving the entire video back off the internet if you really know what you are doing. The cat's out of the bag on the footage. I just wish I had been smart enough to download it when I could. If anyone out there has it please message me.

I'm not going to argue with you about why it was in the news. I'll concede it was a combination of it being awesome and potentially rule bending/breaking. Did you actually see it yourself?

I think there are ways of retrieving the entire video back off the internet if you really know what you are doing. The cat's out of the bag on the footage. I just wish I had been smart enough to download it when I could. If anyone out there has it please message me.

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
That's why he's jealous and in here pretending to be the Grand Wazoo. You're not going to see him on the news or any articles about him. If you want to see an article about him write one. Don't say anything critical of him in it though because he's good buddies with the mayor.

I wouldn't bother to correct you but it's actually kind of comical just how perfectly wrong you are. Here, as they say, let me Google that for you: Let me google that for you

So in your own time, feel free to stick your other foot in your mouth. When you're done, feel free to apologize in a PM.

This thread has gone fully off course. The OP has removed his video. I can only guess because he fears the repercussions of not taking the right steps to do it properly. So, there's no video to show and now there's only blind ridicule and me defending myself like a fool to keyboard warriors. What do they say? "Don't argue with people who don't know what they're talking about..." Or something to that effect.

Thread closed. There's plenty of threads for arguing about safety. It's only been done 1,000 times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20