Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ???

Re: Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ??

Just received my Fatshark 250mw video Tx. The other forum members were correct; For whatever reason, the Liliput monitor's Rx doesn't seem to work well with the 600mw Tx. Reception is much better using the 250. That said, the monitor's built-in Rx still isn't even close to as good as the video reception I get when using the ImmersionRC Uno 5800 Rx.

TheEngineer said:
That said, the monitor's built-in Rx still isn't even close to as good as the video reception I get when using the ImmersionRC Uno 5800 Rx.

The Uno is better in which ways?

DattaGroover said:
TheEngineer said:
That said, the monitor's built-in Rx still isn't even close to as good as the video reception I get when using the ImmersionRC Uno 5800 Rx.

I'm getting better video reception from it.

TheEngineer said:
DattaGroover said:
TheEngineer said:

I'm getting better video reception from it.

Thanks. That's important.

Just did an air test flying FPV with this monitor's built-in Rx and a Fatshark 250mw Tx mounted on the copter, both using Fatshark Spironet CP Antennas. Couldn't go more than about 50 meters before the video reception became unusable. Has anyone had better luck utilizing the monitor's built-in Rx? For now, I guess I'm back to velcroing my Uno 5800 to the monitor.

TheEngineer said:
Just did an air test flying FPV with this monitor's built-in Rx and a Fatshark 250mw Tx mounted on the copter, both using Fatshark Spironet CP Antennas. Couldn't go more than about 50 meters before the video reception became unusable. Has anyone had better luck utilizing the monitor's built-in Rx? For now, I guess I'm back to velcroing my Uno 5800 to the monitor.
I will test mine when I get them (Fatshark 250mw & 664w/p/o) and let you know. It will probably be a week, though. . .

TheEngineer said:

Was out to about 500m again today and the FatShark 250mW vTX and the Lilliput 664w vRX were almost picture perfect. Check your spironet antennas for RP-SMA vs. SMA.

ianwood said:
Check your spironet antennas for RP-SMA vs. SMA.
Sorry for the stupid question, but which is for what?

TheEngineer said:
Some possible answers here:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/archive/index. ... 21ba4b5abe

Basic question: is your Fat Shark Antenna gray or black? If it's gray, that is your problem.

Hoping the tribal expertise can help explain why my Lilliput 664 range is only about 500 meters when my Fatshark Attitude SD range is over 1600 meters. Attached is a photo of my current setup. I have the 250mw Fatshark transmitter downstream of a GoPro Hero 3+ and iOSD mini, and a pair of spiroNET SMA CP antennas (red and black in photo, on the P2 and the googles) as well as a pair of Neewer CP antennas (white in the photo, currently on the Lilliput).

I believe from my email order confirmations over the past few months that the antennas are:
5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set (RHCP)
NEEWER® 5.8G Circular Polarized Antenna Set TX-SMA/RX-SMA
(I also mis-ordered before that and ended up with a pair with female connectors, if anyone wants those.)

I confess the whole antenna space is Greek to me: right hand versus left, male vs female (though it's pretty obvious when you get that wrong), etc., etc. Impressed by those of you that understand this space, and even more impressed by those that build their own antennas. My expertise is limited to the fact that I have learned to do the Stevie Wonder thing when flying under the hood to improve goggle reception. ;) My only goal is Lilliput range (and Fatshark range) that are they best they can be, ideally in the ~1,600 meter range, which I fly often. Happy to order more gear if I got the wrong stuff.

I have experimented with the original stick antennas that came with the Fatshark setup, and with various (but not exhaustive) combinations of the SpiroNET and NEEWER antennas on the P2, googles, and Lilliput. I have yet to find a combination that gives the Lilliput the same range as the googles. What am I doing wrong, or is the receiver in the Lilliput just nowhere near as good as the receiver in the goggles? Also, FWIW, I am powering the Lilliput with a spare Fatshark battery, out of convenience. If that's part of my problem, please inform me of my stupidity there and recommend a better way.

Thanks all.
Kelly

Attachments

• Foster FPV setup 23mar14.jpg
    Foster FPV setup 23mar14.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 778

You should contact the US distributor for Lilliput. I can't remember their name off the top of my head but apparently they are very helpful. I have a similar setup using the Lilliput, Fatshark 250 and I just got an Uno receiver and RMRC DVR. I don't often go beyond 500m but I would like the Lilliput to be able to do it when I want to.

If I find the same poor range from the Lilliput, I'll be demanding the distributor deal with it. Problem is that in all other respects, it's a great monitor otherwise that would be a deal breaker.

wkf94025 said:
Hoping the tribal expertise can help explain why my Lilliput 664 range is only about 500 meters when my Fatshark Attitude SD range is over 1600 meters. Attached is a photo of my current setup. I have the 250mw Fatshark transmitter downstream of a GoPro Hero 3+ and iOSD mini, and a pair of spiroNET SMA CP antennas (red and black in photo, on the P2 and the googles) as well as a pair of Neewer CP antennas (white in the photo, currently on the Lilliput).

I'm having the same problem with my Lilliput, and I've heard others say the same. About 500m is all it's good for, and I've tried it with the Fat Shark 250 mw and the ImmersionRC 600mw. The Immersion is not very compatible with the lilliput period, and the Fat Shark just has a very limited range.

I'm going to try it with another receiver. Eventually.

wkf94025 said:
Something to think about: I got better reception on my Lilliput with the stock antenna (also on my Fatshark 250mw transmitter) than the Spironet antennas.

It's still not good enough for me, and I'm going to try another receiver with the Lilliput (which kills the whole built-in receiver concept).

Cor Brink said:
Just received the latest model Lilliput 329DW monitor and looks awesome.

http://www.lilliput.com/monitor/pro...SortName=FPV Monitor&proid=223&ProName=329/DW

Has 31 channels with dual receivers, cloverleaf (optional) and std antennas, extra battery plates, etc etc.
I'm feeling happy! :D

It looks like it has better reception but it also looks like the screen isn't as good as the 664w otherwise everyone using the 664w should ask for this as a replacement.

For those of you with the 664w with issues with the reception, send an email to Lilliput and let them know about it. [email protected]. I've heard before that they actually have pretty good customer service. I just sent one yesterday.

ianwood said:
For those of you with the 664w with issues with the reception, send an email to Lilliput and let them know about it. [email protected]. I've heard before that they actually have pretty good customer service. I just sent one yesterday.
Just emailed them. Let's see what they say . . .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj