Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ???

Reaction score
Re: Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ??

You have to be sure to order the one that matches the channels in your immersion vtx
I think they do a few different versions

Initially, I had gone for the 664/O, but it does not have anti-blue. Lilliput is sending me today a 664/O/P/W. Great service, by the way. I will be able to compare the built in receiver with the AVL58 receiver connected to the same monitor. See how they compare.

If you buy this monitor you have to be observant of 2 things. You get the model that has W in it for wireless. Unless you are going to pipe in video with one of the transmitters. If you get the W version, then you need the one with the right frequencies that match your transmitter. (there are 2 in the w series..one that ends in 5's and one that ends in 0's)

664 Series Comparison

664 - HDMI Input + AV Input
664/O - 664 + HDMI Output
664/P - 664 + Peaking Filter, False Color, Histogram, Exposure
664/O/P - 664 + HDMI Output + Peaking Filter, False Color, Histogram, Exposure
664/W - 664 + 5.8 Ghz Wireless Receiver ( For FPV Done System )

I received the special 664/O/P/W with AVL58 frequencies. Came in today. Not only it has the built-in receiver, but it has HDMI, composite, AV1 inputs and HDMI output. Have not tested it yet, but having inputs in addition to the built in Rx, I will be able to instantly compare the two receivers. It has anti-blue and peaking filter/histogram, which I will probably not need. Service/support from Lilliput USA is superb and they ship directly from LA.

If you have either of this monitor, how does it work, specifically with the AVL58, and how does it compare to the AVL recever?

I have not yet gotten either, but want to get an AVL58 transmitter only. B&H carries them, but are out. Has anyone else followed that line of reasoning?

Thanks!

I bought the 664w... Contact the guy on eBay asking for w/p/o and said it was just for fat shark. So the W model I am getting . Make sure in the description the frequencies end in 5. I will gave everything in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order mine yestarday from UK. So when i will get it i'll give you a report :D

Operators will be standing by (for the reports) ;)

I had this monitor and could not get it to work with the avl58 transmitter properly. Channel 1 on the vtx would only work on channel 8 on the receiver and it had a lot of noise. Channel 8 on vtx worked on channel 1 and 8 on the receiver and again with crappy reception. Worked channel for channel with the avl58 receiver going through the video in port and no blue screen. I even got the sma to rp-sma converter to use the dji antenna with the receiver.

I actually had the 664/w with the same frequencies as the avl58 (5705 frequency list). I've been dealing with getting them an avl58 transmitter so they can test them out against some of their monitors.

I don't know if anyone has been able to get the avl58 to work properly with any receiver other than the avl58 receiver.

That being said, the monitor was incredibly sharp and bright.

I started using this three days ago. It is an excellent monitor. bright and crisp. It goes to snow slowly and has had no blue screen that I have seen. I am using the immersionrc 600 transmitter with the loopy antenna on both it and the Lilliput. Just make sure when you buy the monitor that you get one that has the same frequency as your transmitter.

The video below is from St Thomas the US Virgin Islands and I did it BEFORE GETTING FPV. There are several shots that I would have held much longer if I knew that it looked that good while I was filming it. (looking forward to filming there with FPV)

Mark Miner

http://youtu.be/oax7iPSHtAQ

I am very very happy with my Phantom 2 and Zennmuse Gimball. THIS IS NO TOY. It shoots very good video!

Nice shots, Mark!
How does the immersionrc 600 tx work for you?

Ajafar, in hindsight would you have gotten a non-receiver capable monitor and just used the avl58 receiver?

So far I like it as is. I understand the though process for separate receiver. My setup is working very well at this point.

I am going to do a bit of range testing tomorrow.

Mark

DattaGroover said:
Nice shots, Mark!
How does the immersionrc 600 tx work for you?

Ajafar, in hindsight would you have gotten a non-receiver capable monitor and just used the avl58 receiver?

I really wanted a clean setup. To find a monitor that's bright, doesn't bluescreen, has a built in battery and then an external receiver, I would have to go with the skylark monitor. There is no other monitor that has the resolution of the lilliput, is an IPS screen, and doesn't bluescreen in this price range.

Short answer, if lilliput makes the 664 in a non-receiver model that doesn't bluescreen with and external receiver, has power out (similar to the Blackpearl) so I can power the receiver, I think that would be the best solution.

Mark,

Can you clarify which version of the 664 you have and what channels you are using for TX/RX? The reason I ask is I have the Lilliput 664w with built-in RX on the Immersion/Fatshark frequencies (5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, 5860MHz). I tried to get it to work with the Immersion RC 600mW TX but couldn't get a good solid signal out of it. I've read in other places that there is an issue between the two. I have since put in a FatShark 250mW TX and it works fine with the Lilliput.

They have two frequency versions of the 664/W. For example, I just got my 664/O/P/W and the monitor and box are clearly marked with the AVL58 frequencies. Talking to them, they told me that they also had the Fatshark frequencies. Mine is marked 5705M 5685M 5665M 5645M 5885M 5905M 5925M 5945M.

rmklaw said:
They have two frequency versions of the 664/W. For example, I just got my 664/O/P/W and the monitor and box are clearly marked with the AVL58 frequencies. Talking to them, they told me that they also had the Fatshark frequencies. Mine is marked 5705M 5685M 5665M 5645M 5885M 5905M 5925M 5945M.

Can you please confirm that Channel 1 on your AVL58 transmitter and Channel 1 on your 664/o/p/w work together? In fact do all the channels line up?

Mine was clearly labeled with the exact same frequencies you listed above and mine worked with a lot of noise and mismatched channels.

My channels were like this
Code:
lilliput Channels     1     2     3     4     5       6       7       8
AVL58 Tv Channels     8     4     6     2     2,7    3,6    4,5    1,8

On some lilliput channels, it would see the vtx on two different channels. The pictures were visible but a lot of noise and constantly cutting in and out. With the AVL58 Rx on the same monitor, they picture was perfect. I even turned off my router (5.8ghz) to try and rule out interference at home.

If you have the same frequency mismatch as me, then I believe DJI might be mislabeling their video transmitters or something else is happening. If yours work channel for channel, then I might have gotten a faulty unit. Either way, Lilliput is making right by it by ordering an AVL58 for themselves to test it out and have since received my unit back.

rmklaw said:

I am aware of this and purchased the one with the same frequencies as the Immersion RC 600mW TX which is the Lilliput 664w Immersion/FatShark version as described in my post above. Yet, it didn't work very well. Range was terrible and had interference even at close range. When I replaced the 600mW TX with a 250mW TX using the same frequencies, the reception was perfect with at least 500m range (haven't tested further yet). There are reports out there that the Immersion 600mW TX doesn't work with some receivers including the Lilliput 664w so I am wondering how Mark got his to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20