Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ???

Re: Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ??

It will take me a while before I can test it. I have not installed the FPV in the new P2. Actually, I did not care about the receiver since I also have an AVL58 which I plan to use with the monitor. What happened, is that I wanted the 664/O/P/W for the anti-blue capabilities. The regular 664/O does not have anti-blue.

ajafar said:
rmklaw said:
They have two frequency versions of the 664/W. For example, I just got my 664/O/P/W and the monitor and box are clearly marked with the AVL58 frequencies. Talking to them, they told me that they also had the Fatshark frequencies. Mine is marked 5705M 5685M 5665M 5645M 5885M 5905M 5925M 5945M.

Can you please confirm that Channel 1 on your AVL58 transmitter and Channel 1 on your 664/o/p/w work together? In fact do all the channels line up?

Mine was clearly labeled with the exact same frequencies you listed above and mine worked with a lot of noise and mismatched channels.

My channels were like this
Code:
lilliput Channels     1     2     3     4     5       6       7       8
AVL58 Tv Channels     8     4     6     2     2,7    3,6    4,5    1,8

On some lilliput channels, it would see the vtx on two different channels. The pictures were visible but a lot of noise and constantly cutting in and out. With the AVL58 Rx on the same monitor, they picture was perfect. I even turned off my router (5.8ghz) to try and rule out interference at home.

If you have the same frequency mismatch as me, then I believe DJI might be mislabeling their video transmitters or something else is happening. If yours work channel for channel, then I might have gotten a faulty unit. Either way, Lilliput is making right by it by ordering an AVL58 for themselves to test it out and have since received my unit back.

Having the exact same issue with the AVL58. My channels match up pretty close to what you found. I will give Lilliput a call as well. If you get any more info from them, please pass along.
Warren

I was messing around with a 664w a few days ago
Really well made monitor.
And the viewing angle was amazing.

Ravecreative said:

Good to know, thanks. Is it also an o/p? (I want this for photography as well)

Where did you get it? There is one for $349 on Amazon, but I can't get a clear answer from the seller about whether it is w/p/o and they won't even tell me the frequencies (there are others I saw on Amazon that are the wrong frequencies).

nope - just a w

the resolution was really high, the colour was good - it just felt quality.

you know when you are looking at something a bit special - it kinda felt like that
it also said touch screen on the box, but it wasnt my monitor, so i didnt want to try and put finger marks all over it

i was just making the FPV monitor mount i sell would fit it perfectly - and it does :)

Ravecreative said:
nope - just a w

the resolution was really high, the colour was good - it just felt quality.

you know when you are looking at something a bit special - it kinda felt like that
it also said touch screen on the box, but it wasnt my monitor, so i didnt want to try and put finger marks all over it

i was just making the FPV monitor mount i sell would fit it perfectly - and it does :)

Thanks! Do you sell those mounts in the US too, or just in the UK?

Ravecreative said:
yeh - all over the world
have a look - they work really well

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6239

I cant help thinking that after seeing that lilliput, i'm gonna have to buy one for myself
plus i could put it on top of my canon 5d as a large scale display too - and it takes the same batteries

I'd like to purchase one your mounts, unfortunately my noob status on this forum is preventing me from being able to send PMs at the moment.

I'm running the ImmersionRC 600mw Tx along with the Liliput 664/w IPS monitor. Thus far, the receiver on the monitor is not working well. The box it came in says that my channels match those of the tx, but so far, I can't recieve any video feed without constant noise. Instead, I've been using an ImmersionRC Uno 5800, velcroed onto the back of the monitor. Picture quality from the monitor, displaying the Uno Rx's feed is great. It's a bit messy with the cables though; Wish the Liliput Rx worked better. I'm starting to wonder if mine was mislabeled and mine did not come with the channels listed.

On a side note, I also opted for the IPS model for use as a solid field monitor with my Canon 5D Mk II. Works great!

DattaGroover said:
Ravecreative said:

Where did you get it? There is one for $349 on Amazon, but I can't get a clear answer from the seller about whether it is w/p/o and they won't even tell me the frequencies (there are others I saw on Amazon that are the wrong frequencies).

I received the O/P/W. Amazing quality. You can contact Lilliput USA directly. I found they had the best prices and free shipping.

rmklaw said:
DattaGroover said:
Ravecreative said:

I received the O/P/W. Amazing quality. You can contact Lilliput USA directly. I found they had the best prices and free shipping.
I see. I spoke to them yesterday, and apparently the o/p/w does not have the right frequencies for the avl58, which I was intending to buy. Which tx are you using?

TheEngineer said:
I'm running the ImmersionRC 600mw Tx along with the Liliput 664/w IPS monitor. Thus far, the receiver on the monitor is not working well. The box it came in says that my channels match those of the tx, but so far, I can't recieve any video feed without constant noise. Instead, I've been using an ImmersionRC Uno 5800, velcroed onto the back of the monitor. Picture quality from the monitor, displaying the Uno Rx's feed is great. It's a bit messy with the cables though; Wish the Liliput Rx worked better. I'm starting to wonder if mine was mislabeled and mine did not come with the channels listed.
Have you tried calling Lilliput about that shortocoming? I am selfishly motivated as I am considering the exact same setup.

Where did you get it? There is one for $349 on Amazon, but I can't get a clear answer from the seller about whether it is w/p/o and they won't even tell me the frequencies (there are others I saw on Amazon that are the wrong frequencies).[/quote]

I received the O/P/W. Amazing quality. You can contact Lilliput USA directly. I found they had the best prices and free shipping.[/quote]
I see. I spoke to them yesterday, and apparently the o/p/w does not have the right frequencies for the avl58, which I was intending to buy. Which tx are you using?[/quote]

I use the DJI AVL58. I got the O/P/W with the matching frequencies, which end in 5.

TheEngineer said:
I'm running the ImmersionRC 600mw Tx along with the Liliput 664/w IPS monitor. Thus far, the receiver on the monitor is not working well. The box it came in says that my channels match those of the tx, but so far, I can't recieve any video feed without constant noise.

I made the same mistake. It's not the monitor that's the issue, it's the ImmersionRC 600mW TX. I switched to the FatShark 250mW TX using the same frequencies and it works perfectly fine. Why the 600mW version is not compatible is beyond me, but apparently it is.

I just heard back from Lilliput about the issue with the AVL58 and the 664/w with the AVL58 frequencies. Their findings matched mine. Really nice people, it's better to contact them directly than trying to do so through amazon. Viviteq is the US lilliput company/distributor/rep. The support gal told me that they're using the same receiver as the DJI AVL58 kit receiver so they're going to contact DJI China to figure out what's going on. Either way I'm going to keep the monitor when I get it back and do a proper range test with both the built in receiver and the external receiver.

ajafar said:
I just heard back from Lilliput about the issue with the AVL58 and the 664/w with the AVL58 frequencies. Their findings matched mine. Really nice people, it's better to contact them directly than trying to do so through amazon. Viviteq is the US lilliput company/distributor/rep. The support gal told me that they're using the same receiver as the DJI AVL58 kit receiver so they're going to contact DJI China to figure out what's going on. Either way I'm going to keep the monitor when I get it back and do a proper range test with both the built in receiver and the external receiver.

ajafar - just so we are on the same page.

I bought the 664/W and have the AVl58. I tried to do a test before hooking up to phantom. I used a digital camera with a stereo output and view my pictures.

Out of the box the avl58 was set to channel 1 and so was the Lilliput 664/w.

Now...I assumed it was AV1..i flipped to av2 also.l Nothing. I did most of my testing on input AV1. (should have read the directions appears it needs AV2 input.

Do I need to change the frequencies to Lilliput channel 1 and avl58 8 based on the grid provide in previous posts OR do I need to return the monitor.

I would test but my battery died and it is on loan (do not have a charger) so off to the hobby store (again)

Any help would be great.

FYI. I did hook up my camera from hdmi and in the hdmi input of the Lilliput. Wow..what a great picture!!!!!

ajafar said:

They are nice people, but I am pissed off at them because they first recommended the ImmersionRC600mw tx, and later the same day (after I ordered the Immersion from China) they said "wait that doesn't work, get the FatShark 250mw.

ianwood said:
TheEngineer said:
I'm running the ImmersionRC 600mw Tx along with the Liliput 664/w IPS monitor. Thus far, the receiver on the monitor is not working well. The box it came in says that my channels match those of the tx, but so far, I can't recieve any video feed without constant noise.

I made the same mistake. It's not the monitor that's the issue, it's the ImmersionRC 600mW TX. I switched to the FatShark 250mW TX using the same frequencies and it works perfectly fine. Why the 600mW version is not compatible is beyond me, but apparently it is.

Ahh, thanks for the tip. Just placed an order for the 250mw Tx. Will be interesting to see how it performs with the Liliput Rx, in comparison to my Uno 5800rx & ImmersionRC 600mw combo. If it's pretty close, I'll be thrilled. Would love to be able to get rid of the weight from having the Uno Rx and and a Lipo battery velcroed on to the back of my monitor.

zupypy4u.jpg

I have avl58 and lilliput 664w. I got it hooked up. The channels do not align up. I got channel 2 on the monitor to align with channel 4 on the avl58.

A paper clip or similar tool is needed to adjust channels. Refer to each of there manuals.

For the record... First time in last 10 years I cracked an owners manual. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianweis said:
zupypy4u.jpg

I have avl58 and lilliput 664w. I got it hooked up. The channels do not align up. I got channel 2 on the monitor to align with channel 4 on the avl58.

A paper clip or similar tool is needed to adjust channels. Refer to each of there manuals.

For the record... First time in last 10 years I cracked an owners manual. Easy!

Wow! Good discovery. Can't believe one of them is 2 channels off! Someone should put these on a scope and see which one of them is so far off!

brianweis said:
ajafar said:

ajafar - just so we are on the same page.

I bought the 664/W and have the AVl58. I tried to do a test before hooking up to phantom. I used a digital camera with a stereo output and view my pictures.

Out of the box the avl58 was set to channel 1 and so was the Lilliput 664/w.

Now...I assumed it was AV1..i flipped to av2 also.l Nothing. I did most of my testing on input AV1. (should have read the directions appears it needs AV2 input.

Do I need to change the frequencies to Lilliput channel 1 and avl58 8 based on the grid provide in previous posts OR do I need to return the monitor.

I would test but my battery died and it is on loan (do not have a charger) so off to the hobby store (again)

Any help would be great.

FYI. I did hook up my camera from hdmi and in the hdmi input of the Lilliput. Wow..what a great picture!!!!!

Keep your monitor on channel 1 and switch the vtx to channel 8, AV2 on your monitor and it should show you a picture. brianwels found another channel combination that works.

Again, here are the frequency matchings I was able to put together and that was sent to me by lilliput.

DJIAVL58 LILLIPUT 8 CHANNEL RECEIVER
CHANNEL 1 CHANNEL 8
CHANNEL 2 CHANNEL 4
CHANNEL 3 CHANNEL 6
CHANNEL 4 CHANNEL 2
CHANNEL5 CHANNEL 7
CHANNEL6 CHANNEL 3 &6
CHANNEL7 CHANNEL5
CHANNEL 8 CHANNEL1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads