Live Streaming NOW!

Having serious issues with about a 3 second display lag with FB live. Makes it un-flyable and unsafe. Ugh
smiley.gif

Hi

Does anyone here know how to get live-feed from Phantom 3 (using Android DJI GO) via IP Address..?

Cheers ;)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

Yay, caught one. Nice flight.
Yeah.. I would think a nice POI around the Montauk Lighthouse would be nice... though it is in a state park [my bad]

Can i know how far your phantom 3 advance can fly with standard antenna?
Mine can fly only in range 400m before image signal lost..They said it can fly over 3-5km. I want that range too...

Attachments

• 14650123_10207301982648094_8132967281126685018_n.jpg
    14650123_10207301982648094_8132967281126685018_n.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 422
Can i know how far your phantom 3 advance can fly with standard antenna?
Mine can fly only in range 400m before image signal lost..They said it can fly over 3-5km. I want that range too...
I have only flown it 2.4 kilometers away but i know she will go a lot further because the signal was still at 100% - there are a number of factors to consider when looking for range...
  • Environment - surrounding obstacles, large walls (like between buildings in NYC or in a canyon), trees... other physical impediments to the communication between bird and RC
  • Radio interference - in city 1,000's of personal routers and tel repeaters - maybe not working on your channel but adding to the general degradation of all signals...
  • Be sure your antenna are pointed perpendicular to the bird, be aware that the higher altitude you fly the more the antenna angle has to change... (personally i have never had _that_ much problem with ant position... but YMMV)
  • Try a windsurfer - you can download the template and make it yourself, i was amazed at the result... I was so impressed I bought a foldable version $19 in copper - amazing and so simple -
  • And then there are the fancy antennae replacements and amps...
Just my 2¢...

I have only flown it 2.4 kilometers away but i know she will go a lot further because the signal was still at 100% - there are a number of factors to consider when looking for range...
  • Environment - surrounding obstacles, large walls (like between buildings in NYC or in a canyon), trees... other physical impediments to the communication between bird and RC
  • Radio interference - in city 1,000's of personal routers and tel repeaters - maybe not working on your channel but adding to the general degradation of all signals...
  • Be sure your antenna are pointed perpendicular to the bird, be aware that the higher altitude you fly the more the antenna angle has to change... (personally i have never had _that_ much problem with ant position... but YMMV)
  • Try a windsurfer - you can download the template and make it yourself, i was amazed at the result... I was so impressed I bought a foldable version $19 in copper - amazing and so simple -
  • And then there are the fancy antennae replacements and amps...
Just my 2¢...

what firmware u use? i upgraded latest firmware and i heard people say it cause our P3a fly not more than 500m... WTF! and now i cannot downgrade mine.. -_-

Hi all, SkyTubeLive, an android app enabling easy live streaming from the DJI Phantom 3/4, will be doing live streaming demo flights TODAY, October 12, 2016, starting at ~12pm US Eastern time, lasting for ~1 hour. You can find flights at www.skytubelive.com/map
We're looking for beta testers, so if you're interested please contact us!

Hi all, We are wrapping up >90 minutes of continuous live streaming for today. Thanks to all for watching. We'll be back, same time (~12pm EST) on Friday, October 14. Please check us out. If you have any questions, comments, etc., or would like to be a beta tester, get on our mailing list, etc., drop us a line via our webpage, www.skytubelive.com!

Reactions: Coyote1
If the live streaming ever works. I'm buying a nvidia shield tonight I'm tired of waiting for dji
It does work and pretty well, I use Twitch as a primary choice (15 second lag in stream) And Youtube as a back up (has ability to stream privatly). The Nvidia shield you will LOVE, 'specially if you HDMI out to a big screen T.V..

You got it. Love the shield! But like somebody else here figured out you can't connect any tablet to WiFi to stream because it screw's up the lightbridge feed. You MUST have a tablet with 4g LTE or you are SOL. So everybody with non LTE tablets are screwed.
I found a alternative way. Nvidia WIFI stream to desk top pc, Desktop live stream to internet using OBS studio... it works!

I tried this today on android GO app and youtube via nvidia shield tethered to my iphone 7

But it was really choppy for anyone watching.

It does work and pretty well, I use Twitch as a primary choice (15 second lag in stream) And Youtube as a back up (has ability to stream privatly). The Nvidia shield you will LOVE, 'specially if you HDMI out to a big screen T.V..
Hi, if you use our SkyTubeLive app, the lag is ~3 seconds. What streaming resolution do you get with Twitch/Facebook? The periscope resolution people experience is awful, we get much better since we have our own transcoder that handles the full resolution coming down from the drone.

Hi, if you use our SkyTubeLive app, the lag is ~3 seconds. What streaming resolution do you get with Twitch/Facebook? The periscope resolution people experience is awful, we get much better since we have our own transcoder that handles the full resolution coming down from the drone.
Twitch/you tube= 720p, same as drone link

I have used Facebook live with 1.9.6 and 3.0.2 app and it works great. The mic on the ipad is live and you can talk to your viewers and see what they are posting. Very cool. But man it killed my data over my phone! The video quality was fantastic! Used up about 3+gb in 10 minutes.

I never saw any lag on my screen. The drone piloted just fine. I did get weak signal/interference from the wifi hotspot initially, but fixed that by going back to auto in HD settings. Around my house I do better when I set the channel manually.

since selling my nvidia shield and using the ipad pro live stream works great.. could never get it working any good with android just kept breaking up and was unwatchable.. my best was today 18,000ft / boosted RC stock P3P battery and feed was excellent all the way via Youtube live feed.

it used about 450mb for 16min over 4G maybe using 3G it might be less.

Last edited:
For some reason when i try to live stream it doesnt notify friends, FB live works ok as i have used it before, any hidden settings either on FB or DJI go im missing. I can see the live feed on my timeline after the fact but i then have to share it for people to see. Im using an Iphone 6 plus by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers