Litchis app I think?.

Reaction score
Today I have started to get various problems I have a video image etc but gimble saying disconnected. I have tried everything and NO I haven't crashed. I was thinking will litchis app help and if so can I download it more than one i.e. On my iPad and my iPhone.
Thanks for any help...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Even if you already had Litchi, I wouldn't use it until you can fly without error in the GO app. Switching to another app is not a "fix".

The "firmware upgrade required gimble disconnected" doesn't make sense. Can you please list the EXACT TEXT of each message you are receiving, all individually (if "firmware upgrade required" and "gimble disconnected" are two separate messages, please say so).

"firmware upgrade required" : have you considered that upgrading your firmware might solve this message? It's in the manual.

"gimble disconnected": the gimble / camera package is connected to your craft by different methods, depending on the model you have. Please list the exact model. If it's a P3P, there are two multi-connectors and one or both may have come lose.

It is a p3p. It has only flown twice. I flew it yesterday for 5 min and all ok. It was quite difficult to connect everything. Today I turned it on and the tilt button for camera wasn't working so in app I saw a message at the top saying firmware upgrade required and at the very bottom gimbal disconnected. When I click on the upgrade required it then changes to gimbal requires upgrade. It's a mystery. The gimbal is just limp. Have had no bumps crashes nothing and checked those 2 wee cables.

Tilt button for camera?

I would attempt to upgrade all firmware. The instructions are in the manual. If you are unable to do this or attempt it and fail, you might want to contact the DJI folk over on the their forum (link here):

is the gimbal clear and making it through it's startup 'dance?' I've had situations where it will boot without reporting any problem but won't pitch because it caught on something when initializing.

Update all the firmware, let it cool down, calibrate IMU, gimbal, and compass, and see if you get normal behavior via DJI Go. If you get normal behavior through all of that and still have an issue in Litchi then maybe there's something funky with the app. If you have problems with any of the earlier steps, there's something else going on

The gimbal doesn't go through the dance etc ..there is a picture through the camera though. After it starts I can see the gimbal twitching very gently. Will try all above and get back. Thank you..

I'm thinking you may have installed the wrong firmware at some point?

Reactions: Thebigman
Ok so I downloaded the latest firmware and put in the phantom. The minute it started to read the disc the gimbal came to life like drone CPR. After it stopped installing i restarted and everything was back to normal ie working perfectly. I chedked the text file and it said it was installing the same firmware so aborted. Its a myster. The only thing I remember doing was starting the phantom with the gimbal guard thing on. Could this have confused or something.

Thankyou for all your help everyone A Happy Scotsman...;);)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.