Litchi

Litchi=Glitchi

I heard so many great reviews so I downloaded it. I should have tried it right away since Google play will give you your $$$ back if not satisfied in 3 hours. :(

I am using a Samsung S3 tablet, 64 gigs of memory. Whenever I power up the P3, it says its disconnected and then despite it being connected to the P3 wifi, the app stops and then I get an error saying the app has stopped working. This does this several times after I reboot my tablet and about the 3rd try, it DOES work. I am uncomfortable using it though because it seems unstable. So I went back to the DJI GO app which so far seems faithful and connects every time. I really wanted Litchi to work because of all of the features and all. I wish they had more of a trial version for people like us to give it a try before we buy. I am sadly disappointed.
Nothing wrong with the app it runs perfect on my S3. Get rid of all of the junk thats running in the background and it should run fine

Nothing wrong with the app it runs perfect on my S3. Get rid of all of the junk thats running in the background and it should run fine

BRAND new tablet with 64 gigs -no other apps in the background running. This table was bought JUST for the use of the drone. DJI app is not even on the tablet as I have used the DJI on my S7 phone and it works fine

The first thing that I would do is uninstall then reinstall it.....might be a settings issue.. tons are using this tablet with no issues including myself

The first thing that I would do is uninstall then reinstall it.....might be a settings issue.. tons are using this tablet with no issues including myself

I've done that several times - still the same. I have also force stopped other apps, rebooted and all of the usual stuff - still "glitchy" compared to DJI

I have a strange issue with Litchi. Every single time I turn on my DJI P3A litchi defaults to beginner mode and restricts my altitude to 100 feet. In order to remove the altitude restrictions I have to first start DJI GO and toggle the beginner mode slider on and then off every single time even though beginner mode is ALWAYS off. After doing this litchi will remove the beginner mode restrictions, but DJI GO never restricts my altitude.

Also I am aware that I have to turn off the P3A last after exiting app and turning off remote to save the settings to the P3A so that's not the issue. This issue occurs regardless of P3A firmware. I've also tried multiple DJI go versions and nothing stops this from happening.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I've contact litchi support and they usually are quick to respond but they won't reply on this issue which makes me think litchi support doesn't even know what the issue is. I'm using a Google Nexus Tablet.

Reactions: smackc4
I have a strange issue with Litchi. Every single time I turn on my DJI P3A litchi defaults to beginner mode and restricts my altitude to 100 feet. In order to remove the altitude restrictions I have to first start DJI GO and toggle the beginner mode slider on and then off every single time even though beginner mode is ALWAYS off. After doing this litchi will remove the beginner mode restrictions, but DJI GO never restricts my altitude.

Also I am aware that I have to turn off the P3A last after exiting app and turning off remote to save the settings to the P3A so that's not the issue. This issue occurs regardless of P3A firmware. I've also tried multiple DJI go versions and nothing stops this from happening.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I've contact litchi support and they usually are quick to respond but they won't reply on this issue which makes me think litchi support doesn't even know what the issue is. I'm using a Google Nexus Tablet.
I had an almost identical experience with litchi, limited to VERY low altitude and movements all seemed MUCH slower; had to say goodbye to what WAS a nicely designed user interface, and revert to the factory app, as I was on site and NEEDED control.
Shame...PLUS I paid ~AU$30 for it!!!

@Chadm88
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm using a P3A and crApple, flew Wed, Thu. (Missions) over 400 meters elevation.

On a Android you know that you should be using an app killer so that DJI can't run in the background?

Rod

@Chadm88
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm using a P3A and crApple, flew Wed, Thu. (Missions) over 400 meters elevation.

On a Android you know that you should be using an app killer so that DJI can't run in the background?

Rod
Didn't know about that...Seems a lot of trouble to have to go to to use an app

Yep, I bought Litchi for Android and Apple at the same time, Litchi would not run on my android (to old).

So oh well, I might buy a new Android at some time, if I do it I probably won't be able to reclaim it anyway.

Here is a search..
Search Results for Query: litchi killer | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

To all... Including myself..
We have this hangup of buying software (app) for $30.00.
Most of us (myself) this is a hobby.
We spent how many $ so far? and our unit works fine.

Now we want to try software that is not free.
DJI_Go (Stupid Name) is available whether or not we have a DJI product.

Litchi only gets income from there software, I'm actually impressed that so far, it is a one time charge.

How many $ do you spend in transportation, internet, television, etc a month?

Rod

Most problems I’ve encountered or read about with Litchi turned out to be the age and/or power of the device running it. My last upgrade of Litchi would not run on my old iPad so rather than giving up Litchi and going back to DJI GO I used that as an excuse to upgrade my iPad on which Litchi ran perfectly again.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Yep, I bought Litchi for Android and Apple at the same time, Litchi would not run on my android (to old).

So oh well, I might buy a new Android at some time, if I do it I probably won't be able to reclaim it anyway.

Here is a search..
Search Results for Query: litchi killer | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

To all... Including myself..
We have this hangup of buying software (app) for $30.00.
Most of us (myself) this is a hobby.
We spent how many $ so far? and our unit works fine.

Now we want to try software that is not free.
DJI_Go (Stupid Name) is available whether or not we have a DJI product.

Litchi only gets income from there software, I'm actually impressed that so far, it is a one time charge.

How many $ do you spend in transportation, internet, television, etc a month?

Rod
Mine was a BRAND NEW (Android) notepad!

Mine was a BRAND NEW (Android) notepad!
Ok, My point of that post was our hangup of buying software, compared to hardware.

Add to that post, price of DJI batteries?

You buy a Phantom, you will buy more batteries that will have to be replaced.

You buy a printer $69.00, you will buy replacement ink or cartridges that cost? :rolleyes::eek:

Batteries, Ink, Etc. You can touch see, throw in the trash when done.

Software, you can't see it or touch it, when it wears out, physically you don't throw it in the trash.

Killing Apps?
New Android or not, I assume this is not a fault of Litchi. It would be Android letting DJI Go running programs as soon as the Android is powered on.

Rod

Ok, My point of that post was our hangup of buying software, compared to hardware.

Add to that post, price of DJI batteries?

You buy a Phantom, you will buy more batteries that will have to be replaced.

You buy a printer $69.00, you will buy replacement ink or cartridges that cost? :rolleyes::eek:

Batteries, Ink, Etc. You can touch see, throw in the trash when done.

Software, you can't see it or touch it, when it wears out, physically you don't throw it in the trash.

Killing Apps?
New Android or not, I assume this is not a fault of Litchi. It would be Android letting DJI Go running programs as soon as the Android is powered on.

Rod
Totally agree re the above! As for the litchi app; I don't know the answers, I just know the circumstances, I had to abandon and go to the default in order to use to drone.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT