Litchi waypoint mission not taking photos at each waypoint & unable to edit waypoint actions

Reaction score
Love Litchi. I have been flying a waypoint mission every three months or so without issue to take photos of a construction site

I went to fly it last Friday and it did not take the photos at each designated waypoint.

I checked and the action of taking a photo is still there in the mission (link below)

Mission Hub - Litchi

also I found I cannot add/edit the actions of any waypoint using the iOS or the Android apps, when clicking on the blue circle icon with the plus sign in it in waypoint settings. Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.

Some of your waypoints have curves, has then always been that way?
When there are curves, your action doesn't happen, it never gets to the waypoint.

Rod

Thanks for the quick response. Ah... okay. I had in set as straight lines in the general settings for the mission. I thought that negated any curved path settings in the mission, as it will no longer show any curve in the mission path line? It should if it doesn't. Just another point to remember I suppose.

As a matter of course I have now removed any curves of the waypoints, but still the issue remains of not being able to add/edit the actions at each waypoint in the mission on any mobile device - can only do so in the web based mission hub

I saved your mission to my hub, then loaded it with my iPad, and your mission is locked there is a red lock you will see it on the screen.

Rod

well I'll be buggered!! (oops - Aussie slang there)... I didn't know you could do that. I create all my missions on my laptop before going out to site (and it doesn't seem to have that lock feature in the web based hub... or am I missing where it is?)

Thanks again Rod.

i have ran into the curved waypoints before, My missions I want to have curved so the Phantom doesn't stop at each waypoint, I'm looking for distance and video. I set curved on as the default that all works fine, If you add a waypoint in between two existing waypoints it will then be zero. :rolleyes:

Let me know if that solves the problem, I had a mission of doing what you are one day one of the waypoints wasn't taking a picture. I couldn't find the reason, I wrote down all data GPS, Elevation, heading for that waypoint deleted that waypoint then inserted all the settings for that waypoint. Then it worked.

The lock is only for the tablets, so you don't add waypoints by accident with you fingers.

I have done it more than once, and once when the mission was over (I thought because I had ran it a few times), it went right back to cruising speed and hit a tree. :eek:

At 1:33 I walk out of view to catch it, yes the camera didn't stay with the Phantom, would have been worse if it hit my truck. :eek:

Rod

Oh I feel your pain brother. I feel your pain. It took me a few minutes to work out just what I was looking at in your video until I realised it was a second camera that was filming and saw your bird take it's dive. You look so forlorn in your 'walk of shame' at around 2:30 going to collect it whilst contemplating it's fate and the amount of damage that awaits.

Reminds me of a flight a did playing around with tracking... at 1:43 I nearly had to go for a swim as the tree my bird decided to nest in temporarily was actually overhanging the river (You can see it to the right of my car at around 0:45)

It took me about 2 minutes to pull my heart out of my throat after this mishap... only damage was 2 clipped props... and my pride.

Reactions: jimlips
Dang, you flew it out of tree?

So I closed the Litchi App, because it was saying warning disconnected, I was at home I should have picked save, then closed the app. :rolleyes:
Now the accidental way point theory had been lost. :rolleyes:

I uploaded my flight log, and started studying the mission and the log. Decided that was what must of happen, the direction and the speed was not part of the mission. I step down the speed when landing.

About a week later I reran the same mission and still use it!

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20