Litchi stops mid mission

Reaction score
hi all.
Purchased litchi and did as much reading and youtubing as possible (I think) but am having a mission stop mid way thu and it will just hover
I have force killed DJI go and verified that before each attempt and checked after to make sure it did not start
Details-
p3 4K no modifications using a Samsung a8. In Waypoint mission
Set to return to home but it never went out of range or lost sat signal.
Mission furthest point 800ft, alt 150ft, curved lines, 4 poi and 15 waypoints.as it gets to about waypoint 8 it will stop and hover and the bird will stop rotating to the next poi. The first time I tried it it stoped at about waypoint 6 and hovered. As I'm in curved setting there are no actions other than a transition to a different poi.
I switched to p and returned home at that point
Is it possible I'm not waiting long enough for the mission to upload to the bird?? If so how can I tell it is ready??
I'm kinda nurvace about creating a mission that will put it out of range till I get this figured out
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi all.
Purchased litchi and did as much reading and youtubing as possible (I think) but am having a mission stop mid way thu and it will just hover
I have force killed DJI go and verified that before each attempt and checked after to make sure it did not start
Details-
p3 4K no modifications using a Samsung a8. In Waypoint mission
Set to return to home but it never went out of range or lost sat signal.
Mission furthest point 800ft, alt 150ft, curved lines, 4 poi and 15 waypoints.as it gets to about waypoint 8 it will stop and hover and the bird will stop rotating to the next poi. The first time I tried it it stoped at about waypoint 6 and hovered. As I'm in curved setting there are no actions other than a transition to a different poi.
I switched to p and returned home at that point
Is it possible I'm not waiting long enough for the mission to upload to the bird?? If so how can I tell it is ready??
I'm kinda nurvace about creating a mission that will put it out of range till I get this figured out
Thanks in advance
That happened to me once - turns out I had run into a TFR around a stadium - only the TFR wasn't "official" until three days later! DJI doesn't adhere to the "one hour before and one hour after event" for adding the TFR to no fly zone. They implement it days before and it stays in place until well after the event. Before you fly load up the DJI Go app and navigate over to where you want to fly and see if there's a phantom TFR there. Nothing you can do about it. Default behavior of entering a TFR is to lower bird to 65' and hover. After that it won't let you increase altitude.

I should add that when it stoppped the google map display showed a direct green line back to home. (I'm pretty sure it was there before I switched to p mode) During the rest of the mission it was not there.
Not sure what a TFR is but I'm sure I was not in any Flight restriction areas

Last edited:
Gave it another go today and the green line back to home was there all along. Sorry.
I deleted the mission involved and created a new one and it worked perfect the first time I tried it. Tried it again and it failed as it started.
Went to a different location and tried another mission and when I started the mission it flew to the first waypoint about 600 ft away and it went into atti and started drifting away. So I switched to p and flew it around for a bit and it flew fine. I think I had 11 sats when it failed. I changed the mission so it started close by and it all went well till it was about 800 ft away and again it went in atti and started drifting away again. Very frustrating I must say.
Should I delete litchi and reload it as I'm very confused as to the issue.

I have a P4, iPad air2, Litchi and am a newbee. I have been trying for three weeks to get Litchi to fly a waypoint mission. My bird flies between the 1st and 2nd waypoint and stops, just hangs in the air, then climbs from the set 50m slowly up. When it gets to 150m I abort and come home. I have several public aborted missions on flylitchihub, [email protected] Altha Fl.

Very weird. I have never had anything like this ever happen... Litchi has flown every mission I've loaded as designed, some with 50 or more waypoints, unless I interrupt it. I'm worried now -- I've been too chicken to fly a mission disconnected, working my way up to that sort of confidence.

The only difference I see with the information posted is I'm running Litchi on Android (Nvidia Shield K1, Nougat), and @professorpg is on iOS.

As far as the mission loading goes, on Android gives a textual progress message in the middle of the display while loading, so you can see directly if it loads completely. If it doesn't, you'll also get an error message.

I'm going to a big field this weekend and do some detailed testing of this.

That's is very odd behavior, I;ve just flown my longest Litchi waypoint mission of 31 waypoints, 4 poi's in a new province, over 2500 Km;s from home.(1st time I;ve calibrated in 6 months) I had issues loading missions, but the litchi lady warned me with a- "Mission failed to load" notice twice, 3rd time loaded fine, flew it 3 x with no issues, heart pounding while out of sight over back end of golf course, but, she came home as requested. If this had happended to me, after loosing monitor view, man, that would be scary!
Sorry, not much help here!

my airpad2 loads this mission....20-30-40-----100%
loaded----start. goes up to the 1st waypoint, turns starts toward Number 2, starts going, drops speed to 0 velocity, and then craps out and just sits there slowly rising.hummmmmmm I hate to give up, but....

my airpad2 loads this mission....20-30-40-----100%
loaded----start. goes up to the 1st waypoint, turns starts toward Number 2, starts going, drops speed to 0 velocity, and then craps out and just sits there slowly rising.hummmmmmm I hate to give up, but....
Save the mission to Mission Hub and make it public, I'll take a look at it. I may even be able to just translate the waypoints (by dragging as a group) over to my neck of the woods, and run it to see what happens.

Not a perfect way to duplicate it (the issue might be location -- a TFR or something, or actual altitude you're at, etc.), but worth a try to rule out quite a few things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic