Litchi speed between waypoints

Reaction score
I love Litchi and the software that allows these quads to fly independent of the controller. Yes you have to be very careful about height of your surroundings but if you haven't tried it I would encourage you to give it a shot.

I have a question that I haven't seen discussed here for some time. Can I set the speed between waypoints and if the bird isn't in contact with the controller will it follow those set speeds or default to the last speed before it lost connection?

Hope that question makes sense to those that have experience using Litchi. Love to hear your input!

I knew that hat was the case a couple years back. But was thinking something might have changed... so better to see it at a cruising speed you know will work

Ok!! Thanks for your input

Well I’ve used Litchi for almost a year and love it! I always thought the preset speed at the Waypoint carried on to the next one and the speed would change there if directed. I do notice the warning displayed when a custom speed is set but never had that happen. So I guess I need to start planning for that huh?
Jim
WA5TEF

Yea. It can be an issue. I’ve played around with setting up panos mid trip. And Long flights. Love to speed up between some of the waypoints but once disconnected. It’s stuck. Just be aware!!

Yep, in reviewing some of my programmed Litchi flights I have one that stops almost at a waypoint. I get out of it by RTH or momentarily switching to ATTI and back to get the P4 moving. I’ll have to update that flight.

Thanks for posting that info!
Jim
WA5TEF

Birds, so from what you posted earlier, if my P4 is on a waypoint Litchi Mission and I lose the control link then the drone just continues the mission and the steps I mentioned above won’t work! That’s an eye opener!!!. I had been flying for almost a year thinking otherwise not taking in consideration your info. Perhaps the Litchi team can address that and add a fix to the great software! Do you know if DJI GO 4 works the same? I uninstalled it months ago since it kept crashing here.
Thanks again!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Birds, so from what you posted earlier, if my P4 is on a waypoint Litchi Mission and I lose the control link then the drone just continues the mission and the steps I mentioned above won’t work! That’s an eye opener!!!. I had been flying for almost a year thinking otherwise not taking in consideration your info. Perhaps the Litchi team can address that and add a fix to the great software! Do you know if DJI GO 4 works the same? I uninstalled it months ago since it kept crashing here.
Thanks again!!!
Jim
WA5TEF
To the best of my knowledge, only the speed variable requires contact with the Controller. All other features, ie height, camera angle will still follow the data stored on the AC during the mission.
Waypoint Settings
  • Altitude: The altitude of the waypoint relative to the elevation of the aircraft where it took off. The waypoint's altitude is also shown above the waypoint marker on the map.
  • Speed: The speed at which the aircraft will travel from this waypoint to the next. By default the aircraft will use the mission's cruising speed setting, but the cruising speed can be overriden for each waypoint using this setting.
    Warning This setting is only in effect when the aircraft is in range of the remote controller. If signal is lost during the mission, the aircraft will continue the mission at the speed it was travelling at when it lost signal.

Samurais, yes!! This is very important information to others like me! I can see where a Litchi waypoint Mission might be at its most distant point and lose contact with the controller, keep flying the mission but at a slower than planned speed and run out of battery power forcing it to auto land! This might be in a treetop or lake, etc. Thus carefully double checking each waypoint is very important. Make sure the speed is adequate and altitude is ok to complete the mission before takeoff.
Good info

Jim
WA5TEF

...Perhaps the Litchi team can address that and add a fix to the great software!...
The Litchi team addressed this quite a ways back. The DJI SDK does not allow Litchi to change speeds (or gimbal angle) when contact with the RC is lost. Until DJI allows it, Litchi is stuck with that limitation.

Yeah, sounds like DJI strikes again! That sounds like something they would do. Maybe there is a h$&@“k coming that can fix this.
Thanks for the info.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4