Litchi Range

So I guess you have to come up with a generic camera angle and stick with it.
What I've done is to plan the mission as usual, then look at the gimbal angle based on the POI, etc., then set that angle manually prior to the point I think I'll lose contact.

Since the Litchi app loads the complete flight in the drone from the start, why would the normal range be a factor? Since the app and controller is not doing the flying, at least as I understand it.
If flying out of RC range, can you program the return speed to its optimal speed- about 14 m/s in order to save battery?

The Litchi app has no range limitation from a practical point of view, because it will allow you to program missions far beyond the capability of your battery. I have programmed some missions that were so long that they automatically aborted mid-mission. A Low Battery RTH will be activated (assuming you are already far beyond RC range and you cannot cancel the RTH). Note that this Low Battery RTH point is dependent on distance from home. I've had a Low Battery RTH kick in when I had as much as 60% battery still available, because it needed all that 60% to get home with the specified reserve. Be careful to keep a reasonable reserve to allow RTH against headwinds if necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20