Litchi question

OK, I bought Litchi and programmed my first mission. It flew good, but I've got more to learn. Seems easier to learn than Autoflight. I LOVE the fact I can plan and save the mission from my PC at home then upload to the craft later, that's is very cool. However the interface online is slightly different than the latest iPad interface. So far I like the whole product, especially the spherical photo shoot capability (haven't use that yet) which I'll be playing with that soon.

Dirty, did you take any of those Udemy classes for $40 each to learn Litchi, or did you just muddle through the app and learn things the hard way? It seems there's enough on Youtube to pick up most of the tricks and features, just curious what you did, and if it was worth the cost of the class if you did that.

I didn't even read the manual. It's pretty easy to figure out though.

OK, I bought Litchi and programmed my first mission. It flew good, but I've got more to learn. Seems easier to learn than Autoflight. I LOVE the fact I can plan and save the mission from my PC at home then upload to the craft later, that's is very cool. However the interface online is slightly different than the latest iPad interface. So far I like the whole product, especially the spherical photo shoot capability (haven't use that yet) which I'll be playing with that soon.

Dirty, did you take any of those Udemy classes for $40 each to learn Litchi, or did you just muddle through the app and learn things the hard way? It seems there's enough on Youtube to pick up most of the tricks and features, just curious what you did, and if it was worth the cost of the class if you did that.

DB
Is the second bird focused or following the lead bird via GPS or some way to lock on? or is it just following the same waypoint mission and the first bird just happens to be in the shot?

Isn't there a way on Autopilot that will allow you to lock on to the lead bird... I believe it is called Airspace... but I haven't had a chance to test it at all. Does Litchi allow you to follow the bird like that (if you are familiar...)

Great video and I gotta get more flight time before I can trust just one going that far with an app much less two.... really looks good!

Thanks for the details!

I didn't even read the manual. It's pretty easy to figure out though.

I'll admit I'm being lazy by just asking but I bet you have a quick answer since you've done this so much and so elaborately.

I've setup a couple of autonomous flights online but have yet to run one. Can you share how you estimate flight times and battery life? You'd think something so simple, and yet so important, would be in the app in plain site (at least some estimates) and maybe it is and I just missed it.

One of my biggest hesitancies in using the app for this purpose is running out of juice before getting her back home.

Thanks!

[QUOTE = "Dirty Bird, post: 874,300, Membro: 9880"] He permite that rápido Você FAÇA VOOS surpreendentes Como este:

[MÍDIA = youtube] 6xPhpgsFo28 [/ MÍDIA]

... E Isto É:

[MÍDIA = youtube] uoZkc0qEz_A [/ MÍDIA] [/ QUOTE]
Dirty Bird SEUS Vídeos São maravilhosos. ESTA Voando hum fantasma 4? Minutos QUANTOS? Velocidade Wich? Parabéns "grande piloto".

When setting up a mission Litchi shows you the estimated flight time based on mission length & speed. It is conservative in its calculation & the missions generally complete faster than the estimate. "The Baltimore Run" is 38,000' & Litchi estimates 19 minutes @ 30 mph. The actual mission takes about 16 minutes.

From experience I know, in moderate winds of 8 mph or less, I can complete a 38,000' mission & return with ~30% battery. If I really want to push it on a calm day I can do 45,000' but that is taking the battery down to 10% and requires being back in RC range to override a potential auto-landing. I don't recommend going that far on a regular basis.

I'll admit I'm being lazy by just asking but I bet you have a quick answer since you've done this so much and so elaborately.

I've setup a couple of autonomous flights online but have yet to run one. Can you share how you estimate flight times and battery life? You'd think something so simple, and yet so important, would be in the app in plain site (at least some estimates) and maybe it is and I just missed it.

One of my biggest hesitancies in using the app for this purpose is running out of juice before getting her back home.

Thanks!

I forgot to mention this & it's important. Smart-RTH is enabled by default. This is what makes your Phantom return home based on remaining battery level. It is very conservative & will make your bird abort a long Litchi mission.

To complete longer runs like "The Baltimore Run" you need to disable Smart-RTH. When you do this the bird will fly the mission until 10% battery remains then initiate auto-land. Make sure you know your bird & mission well if you choose this option.

Thanks!

[QUOTE = "Dirty Bird, post: 876.158, membro: 9880"] Quando da criação de uma missão Litchi mostra-lhe o tempo de vôo estimado com base na duração da missão e velocidade. É conservador em seu cálculo e as missões geralmente completar mais rápido do que a estimativa. "O Baltimore Run" é de 38.000 '& Litchi estima 19 minutos @ 30 mph. A missão real leva cerca de 16 minutos.

Por experiência eu sei, com ventos moderados de 8 mph ou menos, eu posso concluir uma "missão 38.000 e voltar com ~ bateria de 30%. Se eu realmente quero empurrá-lo em um dia calmo que posso fazer 45.000 ", mas que está levando a bateria para baixo para 10% e exige estar de volta na faixa de RC para substituir um potencial auto-pouso. Eu não recomendo ir tão longe em uma base regular. [/ QUOTE]
Muito obrigado, Pássaro sujo. Pode dizer-me se você usar apenas a velocidade de cruzeiro normaly e velocidade wich é a velocidade de cruzeiro, por favor?

[QUOTE = "Dirty Bird, post: 876,166, Membro: 9880"] Eu Esqueci de mencionar ISSO e ISSO e Importante. Smart-RTH E Padrão ativado POR. Isto É o que Faz o Seu Regresso Fantasma com base de nenhum Nível Restante da bateria. E MUITO Conservadora e vai Fazer o Seu Pássaro abortar Uma Missão longa Litchi.

Para Completar Mais ritmo corre Como "The Baltimore Run" desativar rápido Você Precisa Smart-RHT. Ao faze-lo o Pássaro vai Voar uma Missão Até 10% da bateria continua a ser, em SEGUIDA, Iniciar uma auto-terra. Certifique-se de conhecer o Seu Pássaro e Missão Bem Se Você Escolher This Opção. [/ QUOTE]
Oh, ISSO E MUITO Importante, MAS realmente precisa saber e ter uma boa experiência, como você, para uso essa condição. E para fazer o desembarque após a missão, você fazer isso manualmente após o último ponto forma ou você programa, enquanto o planejamento da missão. Ou você indica para voltar ao primeiro ponto?

Why is this displaying in another language?

[QUOTE = "Dirty Bird, post: 876.158, membro: 9880"] Quando da criação de uma missão Litchi mostra-lhe o tempo de vôo estimado com base na duração da missão e velocidade. É conservador em seu cálculo e as missões geralmente completar mais rápido do que a estimativa. "O Baltimore Run" é de 38.000 '& Litchi estima 19 minutos @ 30 mph. A missão real leva cerca de 16 minutos.

Por experiência eu sei, com ventos moderados de 8 mph ou menos, eu posso concluir uma "missão 38.000 e voltar com ~ bateria de 30%. Se eu realmente quero empurrá-lo em um dia calmo que posso fazer 45.000 ", mas que está levando a bateria para baixo para 10% e exige estar de volta na faixa de RC para substituir um potencial auto-pouso. Eu não recomendo ir tão longe em uma base regular. [/ QUOTE]
Muito obrigado, Pássaro sujo. Pode dizer-me se você usar apenas a velocidade de cruzeiro normaly e velocidade wich é a velocidade de cruzeiro, por favor?

Both are simply flying the same waypoints so you have to tweak things to keep the lead bird in the frame. It would be cool if you could have the birds communicate their telemetry directly & adjust on the fly to maintain position & focus but I know if no way to do that now.

DB
Is the second bird focused or following the lead bird via GPS or some way to lock on? or is it just following the same waypoint mission and the first bird just happens to be in the shot?

Isn't there a way on Autopilot that will allow you to lock on to the lead bird... I believe it is called Airspace... but I haven't had a chance to test it at all. Does Litchi allow you to follow the bird like that (if you are familiar...)

Great video and I gotta get more flight time before I can trust just one going that far with an app much less two.... really looks good!

Thanks for the details!

Looks like it's Portuguese and that your original text (quoted text) has been translated by the poster?

Google Translate outputs this for #30.
"Thank you, Dirty Bird . Can you tell me if you use only normaly cruising speed and speed wich is the cruise , please?"

for #31: "Oh , this is very important , BUT really need to know and have a good experience , like you, to use this condition. And to make the landing after the mission , you do this manually after the last point form or you program while planning the mission. Or you refer back to the first point ?"

Not perfect translations, but better than anything I can do - hopefully enough to understand the poster's questions.

BTW, did you take note of the "grande piloto" in # 25? :)

Dirt Bird, I a sorry about the language. I'm surprise about the automatic translation from english to portuguese. I was talking tat you have a very good experience and I am just a new pilot and Litchi user, so I will go slowly. At final, I asked about to make the landing after the mission. Do you do this manually after the last point or you program while planning the mission. Or you refer back to the first point ? Thank you very much for all orientation. I think other guys are learning with you too.

Let Litchi drive and I just tilt the camera- hope this is how to post a link Make sure of altitudes at your WPs
Lighthouse and Aircraft Carrier
That was great video, good editing too! Litchi is going to provide a new dimension to my videos. I bought it 2 days ago. I've only got 4 missions under my belt, but I'm learning fast.

How's it going buddy? Because my missions are usually long I fly them @ 30 mph to cover the distance. I generally have the missions end by returning to the first point. Usually I am adding points along the return route to bring the altitude back down to the starting altitude. I generally end my missions by landing manually, though there is an option to automatically land available.

Dirt Bird, I a sorry about the language. I'm surprise about the automatic translation from english to portuguese. I was talking tat you have a very good experience and I am just a new pilot and Litchi user, so I will go slowly. At final, I asked about to make the landing after the mission. Do you do this manually after the last point or you program while planning the mission. Or you refer back to the first point ? Thank you very much for all orientation. I think other guys are learning with you too.

Reactions: ecochannel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj