Litchi panorama

Hi, can you please tell me how to make panoramas by PTGUI when I have 3 rows? I only can make panorama with one row pictures. Thank you for you help.
Load images and click align. Doesnt matter how many rows. Give yourself 40% overlap for best results. If it isn't working look at your source images, if you cant see features in frames that you could align manually ptgui wont be able to do it either.

Load images and click align. Doesnt matter how many rows. Give yourself 40% overlap for best results. If it isn't working look at your source images, if you cant see features in frames that you could align manually ptgui wont be able to do it either.
Ok... I will try it... How many pictures do you usually take to have best results?

Ok... I will try it... How many pictures do you usually take to have best results?
As many as I need to generously frame the intended subject with 40% overlap.

Another tip- if you have props in frame edit them out before stitching.

Also- shoot manual so all frames have same exposure values. You will end up with a much more natural looking final image.

Does Litchi panorama work only in F-mode? I once tried it and, on a windy day, the AC moved about 30m when it got all 26 images which took a few minutes. I then missed the P-mode GPS position hold but I guess Litchi needs F-mode? The AC was at about 30m altitude -- does vision positioning work in F-mode or was the AC too high for it?

Does Litchi panorama work only in F-mode? I once tried it and, on a windy day, the AC moved about 30m when it got all 26 images which took a few minutes. I then missed the P-mode GPS position hold but I guess Litchi needs F-mode? The AC was at about 30m altitude -- does vision positioning work in F-mode or was the AC too high for it?
You must be in F mode.

The drift would have been no different in P mode. 30 m drift is extreme. If the wind was that strong conditions would have given no better results with manually shot images.VPS would have been of no use either.

As many as I need to generously frame the intended subject with 40% overlap.

Another tip- if you have props in frame edit them out before stitching.

Also- shoot manual so all frames have same exposure values. You will end up with a much more natural looking final image.
Great tips... Thank you a lot

any options that don't cost a hundred dollars? I've been trying to stitch some test shots (unedited, poorly lit) from my first run with litchi through photoshop & I'm just a little bit off somewhere to the point where the image is unusable. I tried the trial for PTGUI & after some tweaking was able to get it perfect, but a hundred bucks seems a bit steep, regardless of how unbelievably powerful that program is. Seriously. I'm actually really impressed by it & okay, now I can admit, I'm just cheap. But after spending nearly $2300 on a P4 plus accessories, registration, & litchi, I think I deserve to be a little bit cheap

Attachments

• pano.PNG
    pano.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 627
Some free ones in this list...... Comparison of photo stitching software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People say hugin is good.

PtGUI is good value when you consider what it does. You may head back towards it when you have bracketed EV series and want it to blend and stitch.

Happy flying.

Actually just found Image Composite Editor.
Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research

It's free as it's part of a Microsoft Research program (or something) & it works way faster than PTGUI. Kind of in love...

SUnFlws.jpg

Reactions: Bulman
PTGui is best. For sheer power and productivity, nothing else even comes close. It’s not totally automated like some others, but it’s not that difficult to learn and you have incredible control. You can set control points marking vertical lines and/or the horizon. Getting a perfect horizon is one of the hardest things to do in an aerial panorama. You can use individual settings for each photo in the panorama, which helps with the drone/camera being moved slightly off center during the sequence. If/when you find a stitching error, you can use PTGui’s masking feature to paint in/out one of the overlapping images. But maybe I’m biased – for ten years it’s all I’ve used for aerial and ground panoramas.

The first two panos on this page are from my P3, shot with Litchi and stitched with PTGui:
360 Degree Panoramas: Saint Paul

Ed Fink
360 Degree Panoramas: Featured

Your shots are awesome

Over the weekend I followed Ed Finks advice and tried / purchased PT Gui - my first Pano on a P4 / Litchi using all the default settings (Litchi and PT Gui) produced what I think are excellent results. So I'm very happy with this solution.

Test Panorama

I do have one question: Does anyone know if it's possible to generate hotspots (clickable links to other images) using the viewer from PT Gui, or do I need to use something link krpano to acheive this?

Actually just found Image Composite Editor.
Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research

It's free as it's part of a Microsoft Research program (or something) & it works way faster than PTGUI. Kind of in love...

SUnFlws.jpg
This may have already been answered in this thread but how did you make that picture, it's awesome. Is there a special setting or app I need to use?
-Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Over the weekend I followed Ed Finks advice and tried / purchased PT Gui - my first Pano on a P4 / Litchi using all the default settings (Litchi and PT Gui) produced what I think are excellent results. So I'm very happy with this solution.

Test Panorama

I do have one question: Does anyone know if it's possible to generate hotspots (clickable links to other images) using the viewer from PT Gui, or do I need to use something link krpano to acheive this?

Robert, I use krpano for hotspots. I don't think anything compares with it, although there is a little learning curve.

NOTE: I took a look at your test panorama. You need to set vertical and horizontal control points in PTGui to level it. I prefer vertical control points, because you KNOW what's vertical. It's nice when you're downtown with lots of skyscrapers! You have houses and light poles you can set (short!) vertical control points on, but you'll probably need at least a few horizontal control points too. Although with your mountains it will be harder to determine exactly where the horizon is. And look for the stitching errors along the horizon and set some manual control points on those image pairs to see if you can pull them together.

TIP: In PTGui you should constantly cycle between deleting bad control points and reoptimizing. Over and over and over again. Delete the worst 5, optimize, delete the worst 5, optimize. Then go round and round double clicking on the worst pair one at a time to inspect it and see what the problem is (if any). Kill ALL the pairs on clouds. Eventually you'll start hitting control point pairs that are "legit" matches, but a little off, then you have to pick and choose what to delete, not just the worst ones. If there's a dozen control points on a pair of images don't hesitate to delete one that is off, but when you're down to 4 pairs don't delete them unless they're really bad, just go on to the next worst pair. And keep reoptimizing after every few deletes. Make sure all adjacent images have control points.

Ed

Robert, I use krpano for hotspots. I don't think anything compares with it, although there is a little learning curve.

NOTE: I took a look at your test panorama. You need to ...

Ed

Many thanks Ed for your great response, your advice gratefully accepted, and will be followed. I'm just waiting for some sunny weather so I can re-do the pano - it gets quite wet and windy here in winter.

Has anyone else had the phantom not hold position well in wind whilst doing a pano? A couple of times my phantom has drifted - up to 150meters whilst doing the pano. I've not wanted to aborted it, although the images are of little use for a pano. There has been moderate steady wind - although not enough to have any difficulty maneuvering / returning the quad. Using a P4 with Litchi on apple.

Does Litchi auto pano work with AEB, or does it set the camera to single shot?

Yes, at least it does in Litchi 1.7.0 for iOS.
You need to set your AEB brackets in Litchi itself, not in GO.
Thanks, that is great news. Now if I could just fine an app that works the same with my OSMO.

Hi all. I've tried to do a pano with litchi but am struggling to get the ptgui to work. Is it true that litchi does not record exif data. If so how does the software know what to do with the images? I took a sphere 2 row with 10 images. But not sure what setting to use. Any tips?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z