Litchi on Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi All.
Today I was trying to take a pano but something weird happened.
Last version of Litchi, doesn´t work with Phantom 4.
My Phantom 4 is tottaly updated, but the last version of Litchi doesn´t connect RC x P4. (With DJI Go 4 I had no ploblem)
Anybody with similar problem?
Any help will be great.
Thanx in advance.

I fly my P4 regularly with what I believe to be the latest versions of Litchi, and have had no problems at all. I have version 4.1.2 for Android, and 2.1.1 for IOS.

Have you got the USB settings to automatically choose the dji go app when you connect the controller?

Are you sure to always force close any other drone apps, including Go 4, prior to using Litchi?

If you have opened Go 4 and don't force close it before using Litchi, you may either not be able to connect or (worse) you may have control issues during flight.

I use to open only one app at a time, but sometimes I do open Litchi and DJI GO 4 and switch between them and I never had any problem(I did that only using iOS).
I cant say I have noticed it on IOS, but via my Tablet(android) when I plug the controller in it asks which app the usb is to use, and do I want to choose that app every time I plug the controller in,
I wondered if you had assigned the controller to DJI Go and it automatically chooses that when you plug the controller cable in.

While I'm not using a P4 (Mavic, P3, and Inspire) I am using DJI Go3 & DJI Go4 and have no problems with Litchi and Go running at the same time on iOS. I used to religiously close Go before launching Litchi but after a few times "forgetting" to make sure I realized I had both aps up and running. Now I just toggle back and forth and even though I realize it's a No-No I have zero problems. I flight with Litchi almost every single day (weather permitting) and I no longer even give it a 2nd thought if both apps are running or not.

Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe a SW/FW fix along the way corrected an issue but for me and how I work it's no longer an issue. As always, YMMV so fly safely.

I cant say I have noticed it on IOS, but via my Tablet(android) when I plug the controller in it asks which app the usb is to use, and do I want to choose that app every time I plug the controller in,
I wondered if you had assigned the controller to DJI Go and it automatically chooses that when you plug the controller cable in.

Nop. I have to turn on the app I want to use every time I start a job.

If you have opened Go 4 and don't force close it before using Litchi, you may either not be able to connect or (worse) you may have control issues during flight.

Do you have links we can review to confirm this? The reason I ask is because the AP does not determine the "Control" aspect of the connection. The Transmitter is the link to the aircraft the AP just gives you fancy add-ons and visualizations. Even when the aps crash you still have control of the aircraft you just may not be able to "See" what you're doing etc. You can test this any time you want by launching the aircraft and establishing a nice safe HOVER in an open area. Now you can close all your aps and still have the same "Control" of the aircraft. Honestly you can power down your viewing device (tablet, phone etc) and still fly the aircraft just fine. The Ap just adds bells & whistles but the Transmitter/Radio/Tx still controls the aircraft even without the Ap running.

Think of the Ap as an overlay on the interface between you and the aircraft. It's like putting a fancy steering wheel cover on the steering wheel of your car. Even if the cover breaks, rips, changes colors, falls off completely you still have control of the car. Now if the steering linkage in your car breaks you will have no steering ability but you'll still have a nice looking steering wheel LOL

If you have opened Go 4 and don't force close it before using Litchi, you may either not be able to connect or (worse) you may have control issues during flight.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt it then just RTH ?

Like Big Al says, an app conflict shouldn't affect your control of the aircraft via the transmitter, but it can affect video feed connection and therefore your ability to see what you are doing, and that can certainly be a control problem, especially at long distances. I have experienced video transmission issues when Go 4 and Litchi were both open on Android, which while I am not certain app interference was the cause, it did go away when I closed the program I wasn't flying with. With IOS, I have noticed I got no video feed on Litchi when I had previously been flying with Go 4 and it was still open in the background. I could not get video feed with Litchi until I force closed Go 4.

Reactions: BigAl07
While I'm not using a P4 (Mavic, P3, and Inspire) I am using DJI Go3 & DJI Go4 and have no problems with Litchi and Go running at the same time on iOS. I used to religiously close Go before launching Litchi but after a few times "forgetting" to make sure I realized I had both aps up and running. Now I just toggle back and forth and even though I realize it's a No-No I have zero problems. I flight with Litchi almost every single day (weather permitting) and I no longer even give it a 2nd thought if both apps are running or not.

Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe a SW/FW fix along the way corrected an issue but for me and how I work it's no longer an issue. As always, YMMV so fly safely.
I've never had an issue neither. From a software developer standpoint they both use the same Dji library which would be likely be loaded once regardless of how many apps were using it. As long as they have thread safe routines they should work together just fine since the app in the background shouldn't be "active".

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20