Litchi now on iOS

Downloaded Litchi.....IOS version. Doesn't have the FPV icon in upper left. Why not? Would be great help when planning a mission. Loaded it from the Apple Apps.

Downloaded Litchi.....IOS version. Doesn't have the FPV icon in upper left. Why not? Would be great help when planning a mission. Loaded it from the Apple Apps.
The iOS version doesn't have it, but it doesn't really matter. Just fly in p mode which achieves exactly the same thing,nt hen when you're ready to do your saved mission flick to f mode.

Reactions: CuFlying
I am a Phantom 2 owner. I decided to go for the Phantom 3 advanced. Expecting my bird for this Wednesday. I have an IPad Air 2.

I have read everything I could find regarding Litchi and seen all the YouTube videos regarding Litchi. I purchased Litchi yesterday, even though I don't have my bird yet.

I have been reading this thread from the beginning and I have made test missions on the hub and with the app. I know the IOS app is missing many features found in the Android app, but I think the IOS app is awsome and I am really looking forward to the next versions with new features.

However there is one aspect which I really would love to see implemented in the next versions. Let me explain: at the present moment, the ability to add actions is limited to STRAIGHT LINES and is not available in CURVED TURNS in general settings. I would just love to see actions implemented in Curved Turns.

Thanks for reading me and keep up the good work.

Trying
Hi. Just wondering why you placed 99 waypoint round the poi? Whenever I try anything similar I just place 4 - 5 using 75% curves and the results are perfect. Tbh you're bound to get some anomalies if you use that many waypoints in such a small space.

Trying to make the circle perfectly round. I have been using POI in Go, but I need to set exactly the same centre point each time - and as it's a tree with different foliage patterns each time, it isn't that easy. Waypoints would be much easier, but they don't work. If I try your suggestion, the 'circle' ends up looking like a 50p.

The only possible reason I can think of is if your max altitude is below one of the waypoint's altitude.

Kaehn thanks for that. I had one waypoint set at 400 ft and my max altitude set at 393 ft. I will retest that flight this weekend.

The weird thing is that I have flown that mission previously without any subsequent change to the mission settings.

So what is the best selection for the Channel on Litchi IOS, auto or specifying a specific channel? I am doing some longer distances and want to insure I get the best signal...

So what is the best selection for the Channel on Litchi IOS, auto or specifying a specific channel? I am doing some longer distances and want to insure I get the best signal...
I have been setting it to channel 19. My TX in the go app is set to channel 20. I also have fpv bit rate at the lowest in both apps. No problems yet but I don't go past 2k' really.

I see that you can set the timer to take photos every 5 or so seconds on the android version. Is it possible to do this on the ios version? I'd love to be able to do a quick 20 minute timelapse with it.

I see that you can set the timer to take photos every 5 or so seconds on the android version. Is it possible to do this on the ios version? I'd love to be able to do a quick 20 minute timelapse with it.
No such luck as of yet

The iOS version is really limited to waypoints only. There are fairly regular beta updates, but no new meat for P3 owners (that I can see of). Most of the upgrades apply to Inspires as far as I can see. If only the iOS version had the same application as the Andriod version - it would be well worth the price.

As it is today, I consider it to be overpriced (for what it currently is). It's only a few quid and that's not the point, but not at all what I had thought before buying. Many posters on here raved about the app, and so I looked into to and bought it - but what I hadn't realised at the time was that all of the information on the Litchi website referred to the Android version. iOS only has waypoints.

I love the simplicity of the Litchi App for iOS. I also have Autopilot.....but the simple fact that Litchi will continue to fly the Waypoint Mission in the event of a signal loss is a nice feature and one that gives me real peace of mind. I have about 50 missions on iOS Litchi so far. Terrain altitude would really make Litchi a standout product. If it could use a terrain database to help keep pilots from doing a controlled flight into terrain, this,oils be a great safety enhancement....and a LITCHI exclusive. If LITCHI could provide a warning or altitude histogram this would be a huge feature. Currently, I use an aviation app (ForeFlight) and USGS topo maps to help me plan flights around the mountains I live amongst....but....it is tedious work. Having this capability built in with LITCHI would help eliminate flight into terrain and would also help DJI flyers actually stay below 400 feet AGL as they fly towards valleys and changing map elevations.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I love the simplicity of the Litchi App for iOS. I also have Autopilot.....but the simple fact that Litchi will continue to fly the Waypoint Mission in the event of a signal loss is a nice feature and one that gives me real peace of mind. I have about 50 missions on iOS Litchi so far. Terrain altitude would really make Litchi a standout product. If it could use a terrain database to help keep pilots from doing a controlled flight into terrain, this,oils be a great safety enhancement....and a LITCHI exclusive. If LITCHI could provide a warning or altitude histogram this would be a huge feature. Currently, I use an aviation app (ForeFlight) and USGS topo maps to help me plan flights around the mountains I live amongst....but....it is tedious work. Having this capability built in with LITCHI would help eliminate flight into terrain and would also help DJI flyers actually stay below 400 feet AGL as they fly towards valleys and changing map elevations.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
The Mission Hub provides the elevation of the terrain at the selected waypoint. It is in the pop-up window in fine print. I don't find it in the app though, at least iOS version.

Reactions: Erroll
The Mission Hub provides the elevation of the terrain at the selected waypoint. It is in the pop-up window in fine print. I don't find it in the app though, at least iOS version.

That definitely was not there yesterday. I updated about 15 mission heading points over the past two days and it certainly was not there then!

Good spot!

I tried Litchi for the first time yesterday. FPV worked fine but when I tried to play a simple mission, it told me I needed to climb above 5 meters. When I did that it still refused to begin. I forget exactly what the message was.

My P3 is still on 1.3.20 firmware. I suspect that's why it won't work. Is 1.4.10 FW the earliest public version that's compatible?

I really don't want to update the firmware if I don't have to. But I really like and have uses for the mission planning/saving features Litchi offers. Besides - I already bought it.

I tried Litchi for the first time yesterday. FPV worked fine but when I tried to play a simple mission, it told me I needed to climb above 5 meters. When I did that it still refused to begin. I forget exactly what the message was.

My P3 is still on 1.3.20 firmware. I suspect that's why it won't work. Is 1.4.10 FW the earliest public version that's compatible?

I really don't want to update the firmware if I don't have to. But I really like and have uses for the mission planning/saving features Litchi offers. Besides - I already bought it.

Dad,

Yeah, you need 1.4 for advanced flight modes. You should be fine on 1.4, I've been on it quite a while now. Just don't go past 1.4. The word is 1.5 and beyond has some stuff in it that can't be undone, even with a downgrade. I'd update the bird to 1.4 and leave the TX at 1.3. I'm also not going past 2.4.3 on the DJI Go app. Just my opinions, of course. YMMV.

Jerry

Dad,

Yeah, you need 1.4 for advanced flight modes. You should be fine on 1.4, I've been on it quite a while now. Just don't go past 1.4. The word is 1.5 and beyond has some stuff in it that can't be undone, even with a downgrade. I'd update the bird to 1.4 and leave the TX at 1.3. I'm also not going past 2.4.3 on the DJI Go app. Just my opinions, of course. YMMV.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry! I wish it wasn't too late to follow all your advice.

I fly with my iPad but have used my iPhone for testing app updates. I updated my phone from 2.2 to 2.5 by accident. The App Store was still showing 2.4.3 when I tapped "update". App Store was wrong and gave me 2.5. The phone connected okay so I went ahead and did the TX update (1.5.7).

That seemed fine but when I connected the iPad, the camera view worked but most of the telemetry, like battery voltage, wouldn't show. I had to update the iPad to get everything working with the new TX firmware. I wasn't too worried until I discovered later that Geofencing was showing up on some people's P3s. It didn't on mine, I suppose because the P3 was still on 1.3.

I've flown about 25 miles since those updates and all's been fine but I still feel like an idiot. I know better than to do early updates. I hope they work okay with Litchi.

I have flown 2 missions with Litchi. One successful mission and one not so successful mission. The change in elevation from my take off to way point caused my P3A to drop in altitude for a shot and ended up flying into the ground. It recovered and continued to hover after the crash but the camera cut out. Now I have to trouble shoot it.
I was disappointed to see it did not have some of the other features Android had. I was confused and didn't know that it was in the beginning stages of being created when I bought the app for $15. I was also wondering how does the Litchi Invisible Leash app work? I couldn't find the how to obtain the pin to connect my second device.
(Leash app is supposed to allow Follow me mode using a second device to link with drone. Say a phone instead of having to carry the remote and tablet around. )

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have flown 2 missions with Litchi. One successful mission and one not so successful mission. The change in elevation from my take off to way point caused my P3A to drop in altitude for a shot and ended up flying into the ground. It recovered and continued to hover after the crash but the camera cut out. Now I have to trouble shoot it.
I was disappointed to see it did not have some of the other features Android had. I was confused and didn't know that it was in the beginning stages of being created when I bought the app for $15. I was also wondering how does the Litchi Invisible Leash app work? I couldn't find the how to obtain the pin to connect my second device.
(Leash app is supposed to allow Follow me mode using a second device to link with drone. Say a phone instead of having to carry the remote and tablet around. )

What rev number are you using, the newest one? I've had great success but haven't yet updated from 1.01.

I flew it with the one before the newest update. My phone just automatically updated it the other night.

Off topic comment: I just learned that a "Litchi" is a Chinese fruit that grows on trees. Their logo makes sense to me now. Lol. Carry on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT